Systems Analyst VI
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
25, 25B, 53, 53A, IT, 030, C4I11, ISM
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Operations Office / Operations
$6666.67 - $8333.33 / monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 463-6015
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
- Applicants must provide complete and in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS may result in disqualification of applicant
- Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application
- DIR accepts applications for employment exclusively through the CAPPS CAREER SECTION or WORK IN TEXAS.COM
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
Performs highly advanced systems analysis work and technical activities required on DIR’s outsourced shared services contracts. Acts as an Operations technical contact and working counterpart with the service delivery tower leads and technical architects from the outsourcing Service Providers. Provides on call support for Major Incidents working closely with service delivery tower leads and provides updates to leadership. Works under minimal direction of the Operations Division Director with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads and contributes to the creation of service delivery processes developed by the Service Provider; specifically: Incident, Access, Security, Request, Event, Change, Service Level, Problem, and Availability Management.
- Provides expert technical and operational guidance to service Delivery in support of Disaster Recovery and Print Mail operations.
- Provides expert technical and operational guidance in support of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes, participates and provide oversight of major incident management.
- Provides expert information and advice regarding server, network, mainframe and data center environments; provides guidance to the Service Provider Account Team regarding the operational related needs of DIR and DIR customers.
- Provides after hours on call support for Service issues and communicates status to leadership.
- Coordinates with Service Provider(s) and DIR Customer Agencies to troubleshoot and resolve network, compute, storage, and application issues and performance problems.
- Monitors service provider’s technology architecture and standards; assesses service provider’s quality of technical support and ensures appropriate on-going acceptance of services from Service Providers; analyzes service level metrics reports and data exports to assess Service Provider on-going performance; uses automated tools and reports to analyze usage of capacity, disk storage, tape, etc.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of IT security including awareness of new or revised security threats and/or the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Assists in the resolution of escalated issues and disputes according to escalation procedures.
- Reviews performance reports and identifies issues or opportunities for continuous improvement; develops or enhances server and network related performance metrics to facilitate evaluation of work activities; reviews benchmarking approach and participates in server benchmarking activities; develops and recommends modifications to DIR information technology infrastructure standards.
- Supports the overall security operations program
- Supports DIR Service Representatives and DIR customers in identifying, escalating and resolving service related issues in collaboration with the Service Provider.
- Assists DIR and Service Provider staff in forecasting computer resource requirements; reviews, endorses, and “forwards for approval” strategic and operational plans for the shared IT services environment.
- Reviews change management activities related to the Service Provider delivery of IT services.
- Supports IT Service Continuity Management planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in MIS, computer science, math, or a related field
- Additional related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. (High School diploma or equivalent certificate required.)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the IT industry
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience managing complex server environments, including capacity planning, operating system upgrades, system software upgrades, and implementing server hardware upgrades. Some experience must be hands-on system programming, system software installation and database administration.
- Four (4) years of experience working with or managing a disaster recovery program.
- Four (4) years of experience working on Network/Server/Security Incident Management and escalations on a 24x7 on call basis.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING PREFERRED:
- Extensive server related planning and operational experience, including troubleshooting and resolving complex server problems or issues
- Extensive experience leading, inspiring and building trust among stakeholders
- Experience in working in a Print Mail environment.
- Experience Integrating systems
- Experience defining IT security policy
- Experience identifying and resolving technology and business risks
- Extensive experience in implementing upgraded server hardware and system software
- Experience in hands-on management and use of enterprise DBMS environments
- Experience working as a server system programmer or technical expert
- Experience using database management systems in conjunction with web development tools to create web input and reporting front-ends for database tracking and reporting systems.
- Experience working as a server technical lead on infrastructure transition or transformation activities, especially involving multiple facilities or data centers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business practices and approaches
- Knowledge of enterprise DBMS environments
- Knowledge of server hardware and system software
- Skills in influencing, negotiation, and problem resolution
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to think strategically and focus on results.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities
- Ability to sustain effective client to service provider business relationships
- Ability to understand, follow, and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and project team members
- Ability to gain and maintain the cooperation and participation of others
- Ability to establish and maintain service orientation and effective and cordial working relationships with multiple business units and IT technical stakeholders at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to forecast server computer resource requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work occasional overtime and/or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable health and safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal history background check
- Working on-call rotation
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Infrequent lifting and climbing