Texas InfoSec Academy
Texas InfoSec Academy Launched
The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer is excited to announce that the Texas InfoSec Academy launched on May 21, 2018. The InfoSec Academy includes a learning management system (LMS) that currently hosts security certification preparation courses at no cost to DIR-eligible customers. Funds for these courses will be dispersed as evenly as possible among the agencies and institutions of higher education until they are exhausted. Security staff interested in participating can enroll through the link to the InfoSec LMS below. Registered users can view course descriptions, schedules, and apply to enroll in their desired certification courses.
InfoSec Academy offers security certification prep courses to security staff from state agencies and institutions of higher education. Individuals searching for these courses that are not employed with a state agency or institution of higher education can find contracted security trainings through the DIR Cooperative Contracts program.
Certification Preparation Courses
Prep courses will be offered for the following certifications:
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- EC-Council Certified CISO (CCISO)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
Texas Security Policy & Assurance Course
The Texas Security Policy & Assurance course is designed to prepare security staff to apply the state rules regarding information security within state agencies or institutions of higher education to enable better support of customers and the citizens of Texas. The course curriculum has been reconstructed and includes modules on Texas rules and relevant cybersecurity legislation, Texas Cybersecurity framework, agency security plans, and reporting requirements. All InfoSec Academy attendees will be required to take this course once it becomes available.
If you have any questions about the Texas InfoSec Academy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org