Texas Government Code defines the eligible customers who can purchase information technology commodities through DIR Contracts & Services. They include:
NOTE: Texas Government Code, Section 2157.068 - Purchase of Information Technology Commodity Items: (a) In this section, "commodity items" means commercial software, hardware, or technology services, other than telecommunications services.
- Units of Local Government, as defined by
TGC 2054.003 (9)
Public school districts
Special Purpose Districts
- Institutions of Higher Education, as defined by
- Assistance Organizations, as defined by
DIR utilizes the eligibility for Assistance Organizations as determined by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts or the Texas Facility Commission (TFC). For information on establishing eligibility, please refer to the
Comptroller's CO-OP purchasing program guidelines or to the
TFC program eligibility page.
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)
- Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA)
- Private Schools, as defined by TEC 5.001
- Private or Independent Institutions of Higher Education, as defined by TEC 61.003
- Volunteer Fire Department, as defined by TTC 152.001
- Public entities outside Texas, as defined by
Resources for Customers Outside Texas for more information on procuring technology through DIR.
If you have any questions about eligibility, please