How to Become a DIR Vendor
To become a DIR vendor, you first need to respond to a solicitation that corresponds to your company's core products and services and then be awarded a contract through that process.
DIR does not maintain a list of approved vendors nor do we assign them a "DIR number.”
DIR posts all open solicitations on the
Current Contracting Initiatives page. We recommend checking this page frequently for updates.
Vendors registered on the
Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL) for those class and item codes for which we are soliciting will be notified of solicitation opportunities by email. It is the vendor’s responsibility to find all notices.
However, vendors are not required to be on the CMBL in order to respond to a solicitation or be awarded a DIR contract.
How Contracts Are Established and Awarded
Contracts are established using the following process, which complies with all state purchasing requirements:
- We post the request for Solicitations on the
Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD)
- Vendors submit proposals to DIR by the required deadline
- We evaluate vendor responses
- Responsive vendors who offer the best value to the state are sent an invitation to negotiate
- After successful negotiations, contracts are awarded for a specified term
- We strive to award multiple contracts to allow choice for customers
A prime vendor is any vendor that is awarded and holds a master contract with DIR. A prime vendor can be either a Manufacturer/Publisher, an authorized reseller of the Manufacturer/Publisher, or a service provider. Prime vendors can also name resellers for their products/services under their master contract.
How to Become a Reseller for a Prime Vendor
Prime vendors and resellers work together; DIR is not involved in the process
- Browse for potential partners based on the products and services you offer and confirm yours align with the contract offering. NOTE: New products and services are added only through the solicitation process and cannot arbitrarily be added to the prime vendor’s contract.
- Contact the prime vendor and negotiate directly. This process is handled exclusively between the reseller and the prime vendor.
- Once the prime vendor submits an amended
HUB Subcontracting Plan (HSP) to DIR to add you as a reseller and DIR has approved that request, then our contract manager will add you to the website.
- How to Search For Any Contract:
- At the top of the page, enter a keyword term in the search box
- Once the search results populate the page, check the filter box under “Content Type”
- Select “All Contracts & Services”
- From there, further refine search results by filtering via product type, NIGP commodity code, or other filter categories
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Vendors
We encourage Historically Underutilized Business (HUBs) and Minority and Women Business Enterprise vendors to participate in our solicitation process as described above.
Additional information on our
HUB Program is available. For information on the Statewide HUB Program and to learn how to become a HUB, visit the
Comptroller of Public Accounts Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS) Division or contact them by phone at 512-463-4000.
Customers are our first priority. Vendors are important partners. Solicitations or vendor negotiations may terminate at any time during the process if it is determined by DIR to be in the best interest of our customers and the state.