Microsoft Intune for IT Administrators
Wednesday, July 10 - Thursday, July 11, 2019 | 9:00am - 4:00pm
1.5 days of instruction & .5 day of office hours
A complimentary, hands-on workshop presented by Microsoft and sponsored by DIR as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS).
This workshop is will dive deeply into Microsoft Intune. During the session we will be covering in depth both the Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) capabilities across multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android). We will be discussing deployment methodologies and best practice configuration techniques of this powerful service including integration into System Center Configuration Manager.
Day 1 Agenda:
- Overview of the Intune service
- Applying contextual security through MDM and MAM controls with Azure AD
- Getting started with Intune – Prerequisites
- Overview of Out-of-Box provisioning and modern deployment techniques
- Managing compliance and M365 integrations
- MDM configuration policies discussion
- Windows 10
- Building an enterprise app store
- Using VPP for iOS
- Managed Play store for Android Enterprise
- MSI and Win32 apps for Windows
- UWP apps and the Microsoft Store for Business
- MAM - App Protection Policies
- Using MAM with Conditional Access – Scenarios
Day 2 Agenda:
- Overflow from Day 1
- Windows modern management
- Using co-management with SCCM
- Onboarding and tying in Windows Defender ATP
- Shifting from imaging to Autopilot
- Shifting from WSUS to WaaS
- Managing application deployments
- "Bring your use cases"
What you will get from this workshop:
Learn about the benefits of using premium features for enterprise grade device protection, management, and reporting. You'll also learn about deployment and management techniques for enterprise devices.
Who should attend this session?
This workshop is primarily focused on the administrators of Office 365, Mobile device managers and Security Operations personnel responsible for maintaining a secure enterprise environment.
What do attendees need to bring to the workshop?
Attendees should bring their internet enabled laptop to follow along with the presented content. Throughout this educational session we encourage you to follow along in your own Office 365 tenant. During the "Bring your use cases" portion of the discussion it will be very helpful to have your tenant available as we discuss your scenario.
Note: always follow rules and policies of your IT department.
About the technology being discussed:
During this session we will be primarily discussing Microsoft Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Microsoft Intune Mobile Application Management (MAM). We will also delve into the Modern Desktop security and management best practices as it pertains to centralized control of your ecosystem.
DIR will award continuing education credit for the morning session.
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Public-sector IT professionals as specified in the program description.
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759
Seating is limited in this one-time opportunity. So please return to the enrollment form and cancel should your plans change.
- This free workshop is hosted by Microsoft.
- Coffee/beverages provided. Lunch is on-your-own.
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) serves as an educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit.
- For technical questions about content, files, or laptop configuration - email Justin Roan of Microsoft.
- For general questions about the event or continuing education credit - email Joy Hall Bryant of DIR.
- Raw URL for registration: https://txdir.wufoo.com/forms/rpfzo581f8xr49/