When Government agencies Turn to AI: Algorithms, Trade-Offs, and Trust (Webinar)
DIR thanks McKinsey & Company for presenting this educational webinar as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS)
Location & Hours
Jul 09 2019
Jul 09 2019
When Government agencies Turn to AI: Algorithms, Trade-Offs, and Trust
Tuesday, July 9 | 10:00 - 11:00 CDT | Via Webinar
Register for Webinar
Artificial intelligence can help government agencies solve complex public-sector problems. For those that are new at it, this session will share five factors that can affect the benefits and risks associated with leveraging AI and how states can get started on the AI journey.
In addition, presenters will discuss an example AI use case of how one state correctional agency embraced AI, design thinking and digital to rethink the "individual journey" through a set of machine-learning algorithms, supported by a design-thinking based digital interface and transformed the way violence risk and rehabilitation needs are assessed - with the goal to reduce the incarcerated population.
DIR thanks Mckinsey & Company for arranging this valuable topic and participating in the Technology Today Series (TTS).
* Anusha Dhasarathy, Partner, McKinsey & Company
* Sahil Jain, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company
* Sponsored by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
* This free webinar is open to any public-sector employee interested in the topic.
* Presenters will share session material after the event; there are no plans to offer a recording.
* DIR will award continuing education credit.