Windows Defender ATP for IT Administrators
December 5-6, 2019 | Thu 9:00am - 5:00pm; Fri 9:00am - Noon
1.5 days of instruction, demonstration, and Q&A
A complimentary, hands-on workshop presented by Microsoft and sponsored by DIR as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS).
Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP) one-to-many Technical Workshop covering overviews of platform security areas across Endpoint Detection and Response (MDATP) and Endpoint Protection (WDAV) solutions from Microsoft. In this session, we’ll discuss why built-in is better than bolt-on security solutions for EDR/EPP in Windows and Linux, and how MDATP integrates into the intelligent security of Microsoft 365. Through integration and built-in capabilities, agencies can realize unified security operations and automation.
Day 1 Agenda:
- Microsoft Defender ATP Deep Dive Discussion
- Demo and scenario-based implementation
- Best Practices
Day 2 Agenda:
- Carry-over discussion
- Ask the Experts / Bring your Scenario Open Forum
What you will get from this workshop:
Awareness at the 200 level of how these features work and how you can take them back to your designated department to look at piloting and implementing at scale with support from MSFT teams
Who should attend this session?
IT Professionals who work in the Microsoft 365 Ecosystem, Security Operations personnel responsible for end point security. As this topic will cover aspects of each of these, both role are encouraged to attend.
What do attendees need to bring to the workshop?
This will be an interactive, lecture style discussion. Please bring a laptop and/or pen and paper for taking notes. Internet access will be provided.
About the technology being discussed:
Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP)
Windows Defender AV (WDAV)
Windows Defender AV (WDAV) transparency test results
DIR will award continuing education credit for the morning session.
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Public-sector IT professionals as specified in the program description.
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759
Seating is limited in this one-time opportunity. So please return to the enrollment form and cancel should your plans change.
The class is full with a waitlist, but please continue to sign up because 1) some of those registered may cancel and open up seats and 2) Microsoft is monitoring interest and considering a second class after the first of the year.
- This free workshop is hosted by Microsoft.
- Coffee provided. Lunch is on-your-own. (You are welcome to bring your own snacks/drinks.)
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) serves as an educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit.
- For technical questions about content, files, or laptop configuration - email Justin Roan of Microsoft.
- For general questions about the event or continuing education credit - email Joy Hall Bryant of DIR.
- Raw URL for registration: https://txdir.wufoo.com/forms/r115celz0bj6fmn/