Tue 11/19, Wed 11/20, or Thu 11/20
Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: Microsoft Austin Office: 10900 Stonelake Blvd, Bldg II, Ste 225, Austin, TX 78759
This one-day course will introduce students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will explain how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory. Class attendees also receive an voucher for the certification exam.
What to Bring
For this course, you must bring a laptop with the following requirements:
Desktop version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
OS minimum requirements – Windows 8.1
Minimum laptop requirements – x86, x64, ARM, ARM64
Voucher for Exam AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamental (Optional)
At the end of each class, attendees may collect a free voucher to take the AZ-900 certification exam. (Value $99). Sitting for the exam is not a requirement; but this is an excellent opportunity. If not in one of the Friday exam sessions, you may schedule your exam at an independent testing center.
Per DIR General Counsel: The attendees may accept the training voucher for the certification exam. This training and the employee certification option are benefits to the state and are ancillary functions to the services that DIR purchases from Microsoft.
- DIR serves as the educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit
- There is no cost to attend, but we need a minimum of 10 people per class (max 30). It’s really important to avoid no shows - cancel if plans change.
- Registration, confirmation, and reminders are being handled by Microsoft, so watch for those communications. Follow THEIR instructions on changes/cancellations.
- When you register – do check the box that they can share your info with your employer/organization. (Tips, more info, offers is up to you.)
- Pay attention to the note on the registration page that you need to watch for credential info from noreply@Skillpipe.com. You need that license information when you come to class.
- Send questions to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIR thanks Microsoft for making this valuable training available to Texas agencies as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS).
------------------------------------------------Microsoft-Administered Exam (Friday, 2 sessions, optional)
Attendees of this week's class may also sign up for
the Friday session with a content review and proctored exam. Seats are limited.
Must be a registrant in one of the AZ-900 classes same week.
DIRECT URLs (in case any of the above don't work)
Tue 11/19 Class: AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/8508581
Wed 11/20 Class: AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/8487890
Thu 11/21 Class: AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/8505522
Fri 11/22 9am-Noon: AZ-900 Exam Review and Proctored Exam: https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/8615988