The next series of free Azure technical training courses provided by Microsoft for Texas public sector has been scheduled and released for registration! DIR serves as the educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit. There is no cost to attend these courses, seating is limited. If your plans change once registered, be sure to cancel.
AZ-103 Microsoft Azure Administrator
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
This course is for Azure Administrators. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
Location: Microsoft Austin Office: 10900 Stonelake Blvd, Building II, Suite 225, Austin, TX 78759
AZ-103 Class: March 2-5 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Registration Link: https://www.microsoftevents.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x9752549abcd
- Do check the box that information can be shared with your employer.
- Watch for emails from Microsoft and SkillPipe.
- Microsoft is managing registration. Follow instructions provided by their team either directly from staff or via the automated communication systems.
- Credential info – which you need to bring to class – will be emailed from SkillPipe.
- To cancel, follow instructions in your confirmation email; return to enrollment page.
Bring to Class
- Laptop with the following minimum specifications:
- Desktop version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- OS minimum requirements – Windows 8.1
- Minimum laptop requirements – x86, x64, ARM, ARM64
- Credentials sent via email from SkillPipe
- Paper/pen for notes
Lunch is on-your-own with a 60-minute break mid-day and many options within short driving distance.
The visitor break area has a single-serve hot beverage machine, small microwave, under-counter ice maker, and sink with tap water. There are two vending machines in the building on first floor. Feel free to bring your own snacks.
At the end of each class, attendees receive a free voucher to take the AZ-103 certification exam. (Value $99). Sitting for the exam is not a required, but this is an excellent opportunity to achieve the recommended certification. If not in one of the Friday exam sessions, you may schedule your exam at an independent testing center. Per DIR General Counsel:
The attendees may accept the training voucher for the certification exam. This training and the employee certification option are benefits to the state and are ancillary functions to the services that DIR purchases from Microsoft.
Via email after the class, you will receive:
- Continuing education credits authorized by DIR
- Link to course evaluation. Please make an attempt to provide this feedback as it is extremely valuable and important to both DIR and Microsoft.
For any questions please contact the Microsoft account team and/or DIR: