Writing a Statement of Work
Monday, June 22, 2020 | 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm CT| via Webinar
Developing a well-written Statement of Work (SOW) is a key step towards the success of any project as it forms the foundation for contractual expectations. This important document describes all aspects of the project's work requirements: activities, deliverables, performance expectations, timelines, and more.
Texas state agencies must comply with requirements to submit certain Statement of Work documentation to DIR. This webinar provides a deeper dive into writing an effective Statement of Work with information that should be helpful to any organization. Additional details about state agency requirements will be included at the end. (Those for which the requirements do not apply may exit.) Topics include:
- Purpose of a Statement of Work
- Who should be involved?
- Essential elements of a Statement of Work
- Determining project methodology
- Selecting the appropriate DIR contracts to solicit
- Texas state agency requirements (3:00-3:15)
- Statutory requirements
- When to submit an SOW to DIR for review
Mary Vickery, Contract Administration Manager, Chief Procurement Office, Texas Department of Information Resources
- There is no cost to attend.
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is hosting and presenting this webinar.
- The intended audience is any public sector staff interested in the topic.
- DIR will award 1 hour of continuing education credit. (IRM CPE, contact hour)
- DIR is exploring approval for Comptroller CTCD/CTCM credit and will update the website and webinar registration pages with information.
- DIR plans to make a recording available. However, continuing education credit is awarded only for attending the live, interactive event.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
DIR thanks TASSCC for supporting this educational program.