Architecting on AWS – Complimentary Virtual Training for Texas (November 3-5, 2020)
Amazon in partnership with Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is providing free virtual three day Architecting on AWS training class. Anyone from public sector can participate. See below for details.
Location & Hours
Nov 03 2020
Nov 05 2020
Architecting on AWS
A three-day intermediate-level course. This course shows you the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. You learn how to optimize the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how they fit into cloud-based solutions. You explore best practices and design patterns to help you architect optimal IT solutions on AWS, then build and explore a variety of infrastructures through guided, hands-on activity. You learn how to create fledgling architectures and build them into robust and adaptive solutions.
How to register:
- Click the link above link you would like to attend
- Select your appropriate region
- Use the "Amazon Sign In" option. Then to login, either use an existing agency associated account (i.e.
firstname.lastname@example.org) or create a new account by clicking on the "Create your Amazon account" button. Use your Agency domain email when creating the account. If you are signing in for the first time, complete your account profile when prompted.
- You will see confirmation in the 'My Transcript' page that shows you have successfully registered for the course.
- Check your email for a registration confirmation email. This email will have instructions for how to register for access to course materials and the lab environment. Please complete the steps in that email before class.
Launch on Day of Delivery Instructions:
- Go to:
- Sign-in on the top right hand side of the page
- When you are done signing in and are returned to the main home page, hover over "My Account" and click "Transcript"
- Select your class which will have a box that says "Open". Click "Open"
- You will be redirected to a page with a blue "Launch" link. Click the link and you will be redirected to Go To Training and join your class.
Please note the following:
The blue "Launch" link will be present up to 30 minutes before the start of the session
if you have a pop-up blocker enabled, you will need to disable it for GoToTraining to launch
- the preferred internet browsers are Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and Internet Explorer
- If you are using a Mac, please disconnect from VPN if possible, to reduce lag
- If you encounter any issues, please email:
- Once registered, you will receive an auto-confirmation email from "email@example.com". Subject: Registration Confirmation for Architecting on AWS on Nov. 3 –5, 2020. Save this information. The email includes the link to join as well as a link to edit or cancel your reservation and pre-requisites for the class.
- If you do not receive the email, either you mistyped your email address when registering or (more likely) spam filters are preventing delivery. Check your "Other" or "junk" folders. If still cannot find, consult with your IT staff. They may need to whitelist the sender.
DIR thanks Amazon for this generous training!