Open Until Filled
Telecommunications Specialist II
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine – 2847; Army- 25W
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Operations Office/CCTS
$3,293.42 - $4,049.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
204 E. 14th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their
Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions.
This position performs routine telecommunications work. Work involves providing customer support on the Capitol Complex Telephone System (CCTS). Evaluates and analyzes submitted work orders requested by the State agencies supported by the CCTS. Utilizes multiple software packages and applications. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Works under the direction of the CCTS Manager
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Performs moves, add and changes in the PBX database. Performs adds, disconnects and reset passwords in the CCTS Voice Mail database
- Liaison for assigned State agencies for all CCTS voice services; including issuing and processing work orders. Processes move, add, change or disconnect (MAC) work orders
- Enters all CCTS work orders in the current CTS Telemanagement system; including assigning billing codes and updating division codes
- Provides technical guidance and assistance in isolating and resolving technical or administrative telecommunications problems and issues.
- Escalates work orders to CCTS Management according to established escalation procedure or as deemed necessary
- May assist in designing, configuring and implementing ACD applications for call center customers
- Assists the division’s efforts to enhance telecommunications project processes.
- May assist database work order team in developing voice mail applications for adequate back up and support
- Performs related work as assigned.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Three (3) years of experience of preparing reports, record keeping, data analysis, data entry and drafting correspondence.
- Three (3) years of wage-earning experience in a telecommunications customer service environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to operate, train other to operate, automated data processing equipment.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing