Open until filled
Systems Analyst V
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Navy - 9735; Marines - 0671; Air Force - 3D034
Number of Vacancies:
Information Technology Services
$6,666.67 - $7,500.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their
Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state. DIR employees have opportunities to work with our customer agencies and the vendor community on cutting-edge technology and the latest technology environments to help determine their viability for use in the public sector.
This role performs advanced (senior level) computer systems analysis and technical work. Work involves analyzing aspects of managerial concern, such as planning; budgeting; defining specific procedures for accomplishing a task; staff requirements, acquisition, and use. Involves oversight, direction, or leading complex information resources projects. Operates as an Information Technology (IT) generalist with broad areas of responsibility. Requires a very high functional understanding of computer systems, networks, system security, applications, application architectures, business applications, and databases. Works under the minimal direction of the IT Operations Manager with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Develops and implements IT systems that result from DIR’s strategic planning actions and policy decisions. Plans and schedules studies and system implementations; designs and implements new or revised methods that more effectively meet agency needs
- Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data processing, data communications, and other office equipment and systems
- Formulates logical descriptions of problems and devises optimum solutions
- Oversees the training of agency staff prior to the implementation of new or revised technical systems and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process
- Functions as backup Customer Representative to Data Center Services operational functions
- Assists with high level troubleshooting systems, networks, and databases. Provides Tier 3 level support for all systems; executes jobs and tasks requiring high level administrative permissions
- Ensures maintenance schedules are maintained and executed according to established procedures; maintains and oversees monitoring tools and functions.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- May write and update scripts for support of applications.
- May assist in the preparation of information technology planning, testing, implementation.
- May assist with security administration
- Performs related functions as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, or management information systems
- Additional job-related experience may substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis (High School diploma required)
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, troubleshooting, and design work
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the oversight, direction, or leading complex information technology projects
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing Microsoft toolsets. Advanced training & certification specific to MS Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365, or Azure may be substituted for one (1) of the five years of experience
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Contract administration experience with the DIR Data Center Services program
- Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Database administration experience with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server databases, database and file system security access rights administration in Unix and Microsoft system environments
- Experience in Perl, Java, .net, Structured Query Language (SQL), Unix and Windows shell scripting, Oracle development tools
- Experience with web-based report delivery
- Experience in Systems Applications Products (SAP) Business Intelligence reporting tools, SAP Business Objects Data Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with packaged database applications in any environment – NetPlus experience
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of system and network monitoring tools such as Nagios
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of relational databases, data processing techniques, and application development in a network environment
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and telecommunications services billing
- Proven customer service skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing: in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to coordinate and solve complex problems in a team environment
- Ability to analyze systems and procedures and to explain abstract concepts in concrete terms
- Ability to effectively analyze complex issues and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to present recommendations in an effective manner
- Ability to develop effective plans and budgets
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and schedule workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to be on call to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing