Open until filled
Administrative Assistant I (Capitol Complex Information Operator)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine Corp -0111;Air Force-3F511;Navy-002765
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Operations Office
$1,981.75 - $2,203.75/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
204 E. 14th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their
Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs entry-level administrative support work. Receives and routes incoming calls to the main Capitol Complex (CCTS) directory information line. Provides accurate information and/or referrals in response to general inquiries regarding State government; includes providing assistance to special-needs callers. Works under close supervision with minimal latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Answer calls to the published CCTS information line and directs calls to appropriate destinations, e.g., other state agencies or other government organizations.
- Assists callers with inquiries or complaints; may require interpreting callers needs for referral to appropriate resources
- Assist with answering the agency’s ASKDIR line, route to appropriate resource and take messages.
- Assists with updating the CCTS on-line directory for agencies.
- Utilizes information/skills to reference information such as directory lookup on a personal computer
- Maintain and file CCTS work orders.
- Assists in compiling and sorting state agency copies of work orders for mailing.
- Other duties: Assist with a variety of clerical assignments, e.g., compiling statistical data, includes reports and summaries
- High school graduation/diploma or equivalent certificate
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing switchboard, receptionist, or call center duties of which includes the use of an automated database system.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in clerical or administrative support work
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience in providing direct Customer Service
- Speak Spanish fluently
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of the Intecom DataBase software
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines
- Ability to be courteous, tactful, and diplomatic when dealing with both staff and the general public
- Ability to effectively utilize office equipment, e.g., fax, copier, printer, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional lifting and climbing
- Occasional use of copier, printer, and fax machines
- Infrequent bending and stooping
- Infrequent standing and walking