Open until filled
Director I-II (Shared Technology Services Vendor Manager)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Air Force - 1C012
Number of Vacancies:
COO/Planning & Governance
$5,784.58 - $9,750.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources provides technology services to a wide spectrum of customers including Texas state agencies, local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. We leverage the buying power of the state of Texas by combining our customer’s IT demand into managed service contracts which are shared jointly by customers. Sharing technology services allows us to offer state-of-the-art technologies and managed services to meet the State’s technology goals at volume-discounted rates. DIR contracts with multiple best-in-breed technology vendors, leveraging a Multi-Sourcing Services Integrator (MSI) to provide a single service delivery model for all customers across all vendors. Our shared services model increases service quality for customers through a plug-and-play operating model enabled by standardized processes and tools and reduces statewide costs for shared technology services.
The Planning and Governance team is responsible for vendor management operations in DIR’s Shared Technology Services program, which includes managing vendor performance, relationship, risk, and resolving issues impacting contract, finance and legal management. The Planning and Governance team also sets technology and program direction for Shared Technology Services, manages program Governance and leads technology planning and standards.
The individual in this role performs advanced (senior-level) tactical planning, design, direction, and guidance in Planning and Governance functions under the Chief Operations Office for DIR’s shared technology services programs. Work involves strategic and tactical planning as needed, vendor management subject matter expertise for DIR shared services contracts, and issue resolution management for any contract, legal, and financial matters. Strategic and tactical activities are performed under the minimal supervision of the Director of Planning & Governance, with extensive latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Manages Shared Technology Services vendors, to achieve vendor performance and contract compliance, customer satisfaction and quality service delivery.
- Designs and/or creates solutions for shared technology services contracts, deliverables, and operations service delivery
- Works with the CTO office in developing new business solutions for customers, including new types of services, new technologies, new financial models and new customers
- Provides operational content as subject matter experts for the development of Requests for Proposals and helps direct cross functional teams through the procurement process
- Participates in and/or leads agency strategic or tactical initiatives as needed
- Participates in Shared Technology Service Governance model by serving on solution groups, presenting issues to governance groups and soliciting customer feedback on DIR initiatives
- Performs other planning and governance duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Preferred course work in computer science, MIS, business administration, finance, communications or other related field
- Additional job-related experience may substitute for formal education on a year-for-year basis (High School diploma or equivalent certificate required)
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the Information Technology (IT) industry managing programs, projects or IT vendors
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience in vendor management disciplines: performance, relationship, contract and risk.
- Experience managing contracts for IT services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of data center management, application development, and security technology best practices
- Knowledge of account and project management best practices
- Skills in effective leadership and decision making
- Skills in influencing, negotiation, mediation and problem resolution
- Skills in project and financial analysis
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, execute, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to individuals and groups; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to make effective presentations in formal and informal settings
- Ability to work occasional overtime and / or a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards
Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Infrequent lifting and climbing