Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Number of Vacancies:
Information Technology Services
$6,250.00 - $7,500.00/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their
Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
This role performs highly complex (senior level) database analysis, design, and developmental work. Should have both strong Database and Business Analytic skills. Work involves coordinating the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems; evaluating and reviewing database architecture; and maintaining data integrity. Experience and demonstrated competency with Data Warehousing concepts, tools, and methodologies is required. Designs and implements reliable, reusable, and robust ETL solutions that deliver data integrity, accurate data mapping and cleansing. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Coordinates and/or conducts the design, analysis, and maintenance of database structures
- Develops efficient and cost-effective database driven application systems; consults and provides professional contributions on acquisition of database software and resources; establishes and implements necessary application and database level security standards and controls
- Fluency in Relational, Network, and Star Schema database modeling to create and maintain DIR’s logical data models
- Plans, coordinates, and supports maintenance, patching, and upgrades to DIR’s database environment; verifies and performs regression testing as necessary
- Assists in developing policies and procedures designed to ensure the integrity of the production environment with an emphasis on the databases
- Leads system integration work between internal and external data systems and applications; assists with Business Objects Universe and SQL Server Integration Services development and maintenance to aid others in reporting and evaluating or validating results as needed; performs level 2 and above troubleshooting
- Create solutions and lead full life cycle development including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing as well as writing and maintaining technical documentation
- May supervise the work of others
- Performs related work as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Computer Science or other related degree
- Additional work-related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
Seven (7) years of experience designing, developing, maintaining and supporting diverse database systems, including ETL functions
- ETL experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, SSIS/SSRS
- Oracle Database
- Remedy ITSM programming, configuration, integration, and enhancement
- Web Services implementations on various platforms
- Business Objects/SAP Data Services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of information resources project management principles, best practices and tools; ability to effectively manage complex information technology projects; ability to conduct effective, thorough review of project requirements and deliverables; ability to conduct short and long-range project planning studies
- Thorough and current knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations of information resources technology that includes hardware, packaged software implementation, software development, data communications, local and wide area networks management; knowledge of the security limitations and capabilities of computer systems; includes ability to research, evaluate and interpret material and create effective narratives on IT issues and standards
- Excellent skills in communicating both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Skill in finding solutions for or to deal proactively with work-related problems; ability to identify and implement best practices; ability to recognize potential and existing problems, identify courses of action and apply contingency plans to solve problems as a project manager and in a team environment
- Skill in complex problem solving, and critical thinking in the operation of computers and applicable software
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to schedule workload to meet requirements and deadlines of the position
- Ability to serve internal agency customers, including executive staff, by focusing effort on meeting their needs, understanding their concerns, and effectively resolving issues; ability to identify and define user task needs
- Ability to make critical decisions in the best interest of the agency and its mission and goals, while following agency procedures; ability to process information logically
- Orientation toward action and ability to see the overall picture; ability to balance consideration of short and long-term planning goals
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result
- Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy in all communications; including the ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance; ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief written and oral instructions
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to complete work performed.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the workplace
- Criminal background check
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing
- Occasional overtime
- Limited travel