Open Until Filled
Accountant III (Accounts Payable/Billing Rep)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Navy-1005; Army-89A, 920A
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Financial Office/Accounting-Telecom AR/AP
$3,081.33 - $3,833.33/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs moderately complex (journey level) accounting work in the area of telecommunications accounts receivables from DIR customers and payables to DIR vendors. Utilizes knowledge and terminology of telecommunication industry to communicate with customers and vendors. Prepares and reviews telecommunication data for statistical reports, performance evaluations, and other reports. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Remains current on industry tariffs, contracts, and legislation impacting accounts receivable billing
- Updates and maintains the Remedy database for customer adjustments
- Provides customer service and communicates directly with customers to resolve billing issues
- Researches and works with customers and/or vendors to resolve billing issues that impact accounts receivable and accounts payable systems; includes researching and processing customer adjustments as required
- Prepares reconciliations and researches discrepancies to identify corrective actions and reports findings
- Prepares and enters Capitol Complex Telephone System (CCTS) work orders for internal distribution
Assists in making recommendations for improvements, adapations, or revisions to the Netplus telecommunications management system
- Develops and maintains spreadsheet applications as required
- Monitors Telebilling telephone line for incoming customer calls
- Prepares and reviews statistical performance and other reports or summaries
- Works within prescribed processes and procedures to meet deadlines
- Performs a variety of non-essential functions as required
Four year college degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Four years of experience working in a customer service environment
- Three years of experience in accounting
- Two years of experience in accounts payable
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Customer service experience in a telecommunications industry or environment.
- Experience in telecommunications industry billing, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of telephone industry terminology and tariffs
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate with vendors, customers and co-workers verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to understand, follow, and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing