Engineer VI (Senior Network Engineer)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Number of Vacancies:
Operations / Network Operations & Engineering
$6,363.00 - $8,416.67/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) serves a wide spectrum of customers including State of Texas government agencies, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. When your publicly funded organization requires voice, data, wireless, video, or Internet services, DIR makes procuring these services easy and cost-effective. DIR contracts with vendors to provide Telecom services such as wireless, conferencing, and managed services. Since pricing is negotiated with the full volume buying power of the State of Texas, we’re able to provide highly competitive rates and service levels for wireless, conferencing and managed services. Managed Services include network optimization and management of voice and/or data networks.
The individual in this role will perform advanced (senior-level) network engineering work in a Service Provider environment to support the State of Texas DIR Network as well as customer networks through inter-agency agreements. Work involves planning, interpreting, organizing, and performing engineering projects and activities. Provide guidance to Network Specialists working to establish technical standards. Assists with developing network policies; guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining network modification requirements in support of meeting established goals and objectives. Will assist clients and peers with planning for data services and equipment. Coordinates and evaluates engineering activities and reports on accomplishments. Maintains documentation for the DIR engineering department. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Implements and configures routed and switched data networks. Performs configuration of routing protocols, e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP. Performs configuration of switching protocols, e.g. Spanning Tree.
- Consults with client organizations to understand their business and technical needs. Serves as the client’s consultant on data technology related services. Represents the agency at business meetings, customer network meetings, and conferences. Assists with the planning, management and implementation of data services and data networks for clients.
- Manages projects for complex data technology design, data network design, and equipment proof of concept implementations. Assists internal resources with optimal data network design and adherence to State of Texas client policies.
- Assures documentation for engineering network is maintained and updated. Performs routine backup and archival of files containing equipment configuration information.
- Coordinates data upgrades, implementations and test plans.
- Performs level three technical support and escalation for telecommunications and data issues within the State of Texas. Provides technical support to peers and other State agencies.
- Creates and maintains productive relationships with suppliers of telecommunications services to increase knowledge about new network services and equipment.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in engineering or a related field.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year for year basis. (High School diploma or equivalent certificate required)
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Ten (10) years of experience with routed data and switching design, configuration and implementation
- Five (5) years of full time experience in a data engineering capacity working with senior management
- Six (6) years of experience working with Cisco IOS-XR platform in a Service Provider environment
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
Industry certification related to routing, switching, security, operating systems, etc. are preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge in implementation of TCP/IP, static and dynamic routing protocols, MPLS, SONET, DWDM, Frame Relay, ISDN, and RPR security products, router and switching products.
- Knowledge in complex data technologies, networking technologies, and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of wireless networks, e.g. Ruckus/Cisco/Meraki.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of data routing services, configuration and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of network monitoring tools, e.g. Solarwinds/Spectrum CA.
- Skills in planning, organizing, tracking and coordinating multiple projects.
- Skills in telecommunications principles, procedures, and terminology.
- Ability to develop and interpret policies and procedures with management.
- Ability to maintain a strategic and operational understanding of the existing infrastructure and its relationship to the business.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and demonstrate excellent organizational skills including follow through and customer service abilities.
- Ability to understand, follow, and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management in a high stress, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to present recommendations in an effective manner and demonstrate subtlety and tact in resolving interpersonal issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable health and safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Experience in the use of a personal computer to complete tasks
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software (preferably Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Intermediate to advanced Excel)
- Must be able to learn new programs quickly
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listing and talking
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Occasional bending, stooping, lifting and climbing
- Occasional travel
- Occasional overtime