Manager IV (CCTS Telecom Manager)
Position Title:Manager IV(CCTS Telecom Manager)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:Air Force-86P0
Number of Vacancies:1
Division/Section:Operations / (CCTS)
Salary Range:$6250.00 - $7916.67/ monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:40
Agency Address:204 E. 14th Street, Austin Tx 78701
Refer Inquiries to:Human Resources
Telephone:(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=enYou must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to applyUpdate your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and stepsOnce ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.Interview Place/Time: Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.Notice: Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of theirSelective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
THE OPPORTUNITYThe mission of the Texas Department of Information Resources is to serve Texas government by leading the state's technology strategy, protecting state technology infrastructure, and offering innovative and cost-effective solutions for all levels of government. When government organizations require voice, data, wireless, video, or internet services, DIR negotiates and contracts with vendors to make procuring these services easy and cost-effective . Since pricing is negotiated with the full-volume buying power of the State of Texas, we’re able to provide highly competitive rates and service levels. This role performs advanced (senior level) managerial work overseeing the daily operations and activities of the Capitol Complex Telephone System (CCTS). Provides direction to the CCTS Installation Technicians, Switch-room and Database Supervisors. Work involves establishing goals and objectives of the function and develops program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules and regulations and priorities in order to achieve the desired results. Provides direction and leadership to highly technical telecommunications support functions using standard operating procedures. Makes procurement/contracting decisions based upon compliance with purchasing policies and procedures. Work involves preparing detailed routine and special management reports. Work is performed under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
- Directs the activities of staff in the CCTS organization. Evaluates training and staffing requirements of the CCTS operation. Works to motivate employees to continually improve the quality of service delivered to customers. Oversees the preparation of and evaluates program budget requests.
- Administers all activities related to the operations, monitoring, installation and support of the CCTS. Establishes CCTS goals and objectives; develops and/or approves schedules, priorities and standards for achieving goals; and directs CCTS performance evaluation efforts.
- Develops CCTS guidelines, procedures, policies, rules and regulations; monitors activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Assists in the division’s efforts to enhance the CCTS operating procedures.
- Oversees implementation of CCTS equipment and services as identified in the Strategic Technology Plan. Assists in the ongoing strategic planning process.
- Oversees the planning, design and integration of the CCTS switches, voicemail systems, integrated voice response systems, automatic call distribution systems, Voice Over IP (VoIP) transport solutions, and conference bridges. Coordinates the efforts of staff and vendor support to implement system upgrades, add-ons, reconfigurations and relocations.
- Develops comprehensive monthly management reports detailing CCTS activities in the areas of industry cost comparisons, equipment up time, customer satisfaction and compliance with legislative and TSD internal performance measures. Oversees the preparation of and analyzes CCTS management and productivity reports.
- Works closely with all CTS sections to ensure due dates and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent certificate required
- Additional full-time wage-earning experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Eight (8) years experience in Telecommunications Operations and the VoIP environment, four (4) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Experience with Cisco Unified Call Manager (UCM 10.5 & UCM 11.5)
- Experience with Cisco Contact Center (UCCX 11.6)
- Experience with Cisco Unity Voice Mail (CUC 10.5)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience with a Local Exchange company or Inter-Exchange carrier
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Experience with T-1 and DS-3 telecommunications
- Experience with network routing
- Experience with Cisco network and voice protocols
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of telecommunications principles, procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrated strong client relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and supervising or coordinating work efforts of staff and contractors.
- Skill in managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Skill in directing, coordinating, and overseeing of the efforts of others.
- Ability to exercise creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve telecommunications problems.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing