Open Until Filled
Accountant III ((Telecom Accounts Receivables/Payables)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army 36B Financial Management Technician, Marine Corp 8844 Financial Management Specialist
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Financial Office / Accounting
$3081.33 - $3833.33 / monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
1001 W. North Loop, Austin, Tx 78756
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
Applicants must provide in depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their
Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources serves a wide spectrum of customers by providing technology leadership, solutions, and value to State of Texas government agencies, higher education, and local government entities of all sizes to facilitate the fulfillment of their core missions and
by leveraging bulk buying power that enables eligible customers to buy IT products and services at aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs moderately complex (journey-level) accounting work in the area of validation and payment of telephone industry invoices for complex data services. Prepares, updates, maintains and summarizes records for telecommunication vendor invoices. Performs research and data entry for billing of the Capitol Complex Telephone System (CCTS). Prepares reconciliation reports and researches unidentified balances, providing adjustments as needed. Monitors aging of accounts and performs necessary procedures to resolve past due balances. Maintains Accounts Payable records in the Centralized Accounting Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS). Serves as the agency’s Fleet Manager. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
WHAT WE DO
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Performs detailed review and validation of telecommunications vendor invoices referring to applicable tariffs and contracts
- Inputs A/P vouchers into CAPPS accounting system
- Coordinates with other sections to ensure timely and accurate monthly CCTS billing on Moves, Adds, and Changes.
- Reviews and posts CCTS work orders into the Netplus Telemanagement billing system. Trains others about the validation and entry of CCTS work orders in NetPlus Billing System
- Monitors aging of accounts and performs necessary procedures to resolve past due balances
- Review and record vehicle mileage, fuel, and repair information in the Fleet Management System
- Prepares and reviews certain statistical, performance and other reports and summaries
- Performs a variety of non-essential functions as required
- High school diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Four years’ experience working in a customer service environment
- Three years’ accounting experience
- Two years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Two years’ experience in an Microsoft Office environment
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Windows NT and/or PeopleSoft experience
- Knowledge of telephone industry terminology and tariffs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g. word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing