Texas InfoSec Academy Launched
The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer is excited to announce that the Texas InfoSec Academy successfully launched on May 21, 2018. The InfoSec Academy provides industry standard cybersecurity certification prep courses and exam vouchers completely funded by DIR for eligible customers.
Security staff interested in participating can enroll through the link to the InfoSec Academy below. Registered users can view course descriptions, schedules, and apply to enroll in their desired certification courses. DIR-funded courses will require the approval of the registrant's Information Security Officer and are subject to certain limitations. We are proud to be able to cover the costs of these certifications for the State of Texas and highly encourage security staff seeking to expand their skills to apply.
InfoSec Academy offers security certification prep courses to security staff from state agencies and institutions of higher education. Individuals searching for these courses that are not employed with a state agency or institution of higher education can find contracted security trainings through the DIR Cooperative Contracts program.
Certification Preparation Courses
Prep courses will be offered for the following certifications:
Course Catalog PDF
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- EC-Council Certified CISO (CCISO)
- EC-Council Certified Advanced Penetration Tester (LPT)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- System and Network Security Introduction (not a certification course)
Texas InfoSec Academy Website login
Texas Security Policy & Assurance Course
The Texas Security Policy & Assurance course is designed to prepare security staff to apply the state rules regarding information security within state agencies or institutions of higher education to enable better support of customers and the citizens of Texas. The course curriculum has been reconstructed and includes modules on Texas rules and relevant cybersecurity legislation, the Texas Cybersecurity Framework, agency security plans, and reporting requirements. All InfoSec Academy attendees will be required to take this course once it becomes available.
If you have any questions about the Texas InfoSec Academy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Security Site Navigation
Information about file formats