Texas Cloud Tiger Team
Transforming Public Cloud Adoption and Providing Collaborative Solutions
Texas Cloud Tiger Team was officially Launched by Todd Kimbriel, the State of Texas CIO on March 29, at TASSCC TEC. The primary goal of this technically proficient "volunteer army" was to help accelerate cloud adoption through outstanding collaboration that the state has not seen in the past. The 60-day impact speaks for itself -- 14 Texas state agencies, local and higher education, 14 leading Cloud vendor and industry organizations. The team is driving a new path in collaborating for a cause across process, people and technology.
There is no cost for agencies to subscribe to tiger team service and it's just a call away. Or create a service ticket via Service Now platform.
By the fourth month, and during TAASSC August annual convention, the group should have helped agencies put a real workload on cloud dev/test and about a dozen pioneering agencies are on track for their new journey to cloud. The real-life scenario will be presented to the audience as part of the showcase and breakout sessions.
Overall, the cloud tiger team is successful in developing a new mindset among Texas agencies and corporations to think "cloud first" strategy for new applications and migrate to cloud to reduce maintenance overhead. And, the team is working to help agencies to collaborate and think out of the box to develop a Center of Excellence (CoE). Together, the cloud tiger team is engaged in training real-life use cases. Whether it be a simple FAQ chat bot or taking their enterprise case management system to cloud and approach it methodically and collaboratively.
- Outstanding collaboration between, local, state and higher ed team, and vendor community
- As of today, the group has dedicated a 50+ volunteer army of technology and solution experts helping agencies to fast track their cloud knowledge and journey
- Limited Support Environment, sand box environments for Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Google is working on meetings its security related requirement to be on the public cloud.
- Addressed over 20 real time use cases and multiple workshops to create proof of concept and pilots to initiate a smooth cloud journey without causing financial and technical debts to citizens
- And, taking technology to people and democratizing cloud by collaborating on solutions
For more information, please reach out to Krishna Edathil, Director of ESS and Lead, Texas Cloud Tiger Team – KrishnaKumar dot Edathil at dir.texas.gov or call him at (512) 475-4541.
Texas Cloud Tiger Team Presentation - PDF (877 KB)