Our Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Texas Department of Information Resources is to serve Texas government by leading the state's technology strategy, protecting state technology infrastructure, and offering innovative and cost-effective solutions for all levels of government.
Transforming how Texas government serves Texans.
DIR is committed to creating a dynamic and welcoming workplace that celebrates a team of employees as uniquely Texan as our great state. We strive to recruit, promote, and retain a workforce that includes people who are united in a passion for public service and their commitment to serving Texas through DIR. Because of that ethic, the DIR team is comprised of people that constitute the most talented, dedicated, and professional people in state government. We create innovative programs and opportunities that allow all employees equal access to learn, develop, and advance professionally. We intentionally foster a culture of belonging through transparent communications, accountability, mutual respect, and a shared mission. DIR thrives due to our culture and our shared determination to display a can-do attitude, the ILEAD core values, and the desire to transform how Texas government serves Texans.
DIR's core values are embedded in everything we do. They guide employees in fulfilling their daily duties and aid executive leadership in decision-making.
- Agile - Evolve with the changing needs of our customers
- Bold - Challenge conventional notions of how things have been done before
- Creative - Contribute new ideas to improve processes, systems, and concepts
- Inspire - Help ourselves and others reach their full potential
- Courage - Tackle difficult issues and challenging assignments
- Collaborative - Work cooperatively with others across the agency to achieve shared goals
- Respect - Acceptance and appreciation of other’s ideas, contributions, and differences
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on as honest and truthful
- Integrity - Strive to do the right thing in working with each other, our customers, and stakeholders
- Reliable - Deliver on commitments
- Emotional Intelligence - Have a clear perception of our strengths and weaknesses
- Ownership - Accept responsibility for mistakes, learn what we can and commit to do better
- Excellence - Strive to be the best in all that we do
- Results - Achieve positive outcomes
- Initiative - Take charge before others do