Our Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Texas Department of Information Resources is to serve Texas government by leading the state's technology strategy, protecting state technology infrastructure, and offering innovative and cost-effective solutions for all levels of government.
Transforming how Texas government serves Texans.
DIR's core values are embedded in everything we do. They guide employees in fulfilling their daily duties and aid executive leadership in decision-making.
- Agile - Evolve with the changing needs of our customers
- Bold - Challenge conventional notions of how things have been done before
- Creative - Contribute new ideas to improve processes, systems, and concepts
- Inspire - Help ourselves and others reach their full potential
- Courage - Tackle difficult issues and challenging assignments
- Collaborative - Work cooperatively with others across the agency to achieve shared goals
- Respect - Acceptance and appreciation of other’s ideas, contributions, and differences
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on as honest and truthful
- Integrity - Strive to do the right thing in working each other, our customers and stakeholders
- Reliable - Deliver on commitments
- Emotional Intelligence - Have a clear perception of our strengths and weaknesses
- Ownership - Accept responsibility for mistakes, learn what we can and commit to do better
- Excellence - Strive to be the best in all that we do
- Results - Achieve positive outcomes
- Initiative - Take charge before others do