Administrative Assistant IV (HR Administrative Assistant)
Open Until Filled
Administrative Assistant IV (HR Administrative Assistant)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine-0111; Air Force-3F5X1
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Financial Office / Human Resources
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 475-4922 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at email@example.com
Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
This position performs advanced (senior-level) administrative support or technical program assistance work. Serves as primary point of contact, for agency calls and inquiries from customers and the public and provides administrative support to the Human Resources Office. Position requires frequent contact with agency employees, contractors, and the general public. Work involves coordinating the dissemination of information, developing, and maintaining records systems, and coordinating administrative agency support. Provides backup facilities support. Works under limited supervision of the Director of People and Culture with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Operates a telephone console and use professional public contact skills to answer and refer calls and to respond to requests for general information.
- Facilitates criminal history background checks on potential new hires, contract workers and existing agency staff; uses the Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Online system to coordinate required training and maintains listing of and information on employees approved to access Criminal History Records Information (CHRI); logs results of criminal history background checks using Salesforce.com. Performs monthly audits of CHRI to ensure the system reflects onboarded and offboarded employees, interns, and contractors.
- Provides HR administrative system support by entering of I-9 verification information on new employees into the E-Verify system and requesting driver records for new employees on a quarterly basis; Processes departmental requisitions using the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
- Serves as Parking and Building Access Coordinator for the agency; handles requests from employees for parking and building access cards and handles key and lock control; tracks requests in a spreadsheet and provides monthly reports to the Director of People and Culture.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department; includes preparing PowerPoint presentations and creating spreadsheets to track employee outcomes. Coordinates accurate preparation, editing, distribution and tracking of HR related correspondence, forms, and documents including mandatory training reminders, and compensatory time expiration notifications.
- Screens applications to determine if applicants answered screening questions and sends CAPPS correspondence to Work in Texas applicants requesting answers to the questions. Assists hiring managers and HR in scheduling interviews, posting positions to job boards, and sending CAPPS electronic notification letters to applicants regarding their application/interview status and the agency application process; includes notifications to applicants that have interviewed for agency
- Assists with HR Records Management by assembling and updating files for job postings, insurance, FMLA, and terminations.
- Drafts, submits, and tracks update to the CAPPS Help Desk for issues with time and leave and performance documents.
- Prepares onboarding documentation and packets for upcoming orientation sessions. Schedule New Employee Orientation meetings between new hires and internal leaders to provide a positive onboarding experience.
- Utilizes the Ruckus Wireless system to establish Guest Net accounts for visitors that need internet access; provides login credentials and instructions on how to access the Guest Net. Sorts and logs incoming faxes and packages and notifies staff of items received in the reception area. Maintains availability schedule for the agency's conference rooms, conference call phones, and projectors for all staff; reserves rooms and/or equipment as necessary.
- Assists in facilitating leave administration using the Centralized Accounting, Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) and emergency management time sheet; may assist with leave accounting data entry for agency staff.
- Performs backup facilities duties in the absence of the Property Manager including planning, scheduling, and coordinating with the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) to address general maintenance issues e.g., requests for light bulb replacement, air conditioning/heating problems, and other facility problems or repairs. May assist with entering checks and responding to help desk requests for facilities assistance.
- Assists Human Resources staff with miscellaneous projects and administrative support as needed.
Qualifications - External
- High School Graduate or General Education
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Three (3) years of experience performing receptionist or customer service-related duties, answering and routing calls using a multi-line, telephone system or other similarly related experience.
- Three (3) years of experience providing administrative support to division/departmental staff or experience performing administrative functions and the use of administrative procedures.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience supporting a human resource department.
- Experience using automated leave accounting systems.
- Experience using the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) Time & Labor and Recruiting modules.
- State of Texas administrative support experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments.
- Must be dependable and conscientious in maintaining attendance and work schedule to provide adequate coverage for the front desk and reception area.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to multi-task; includes determining on your own what needs to be done and anticipating the needs of supervisor and departmental staff without waiting for instruction or work to be assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors, and other departments both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take care of the customer’s needs while following agency procedures.
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to effectively interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling and maintaining security of confidential information.
- Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact, and diplomacy in all communications.
- Ability to stay focused and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to act calmly under stress and work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Duties of position are performed onsite at agency headquarters, 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking.
- Occasional bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting and climbing.