Budget Analyst III (Shared Services Financial Analyst)
Open Until Filled.
Budget Analyst III (Shared Services Financial Analyst)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army 36A, 36B ; Coast Guard FIN10, SEI15; Marine Corps 3451, 8844; Air Force 65FX, 65WX
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Financial Office / Shared Services Financial Analysis
$5000.00 – $6083.33 / monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
This position may be eligible for flexible work hours and/or a hybrid work schedule if certain program guidelines are met; working arrangements may change at any time at the sole discretion of the agency.
300 W. 15 Street, #1300, Austin Texas, 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
People and Culture Office
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply.
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps.
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page.
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at [email protected]
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified of appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs highly complex (senior-level) budget preparation and analysis work for Information Technology projects. Work involves coordinating budgetary activities, reviewing, and analyzing operating budgets, and providing technical advice and assistance on budgetary matters. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Coordinates and facilitates the preparation of budget and management reports to provide management with expenditure data, trends, and recommendations.
- Establishes work methods and priorities and determines methodologies and techniques for performing data evaluations.
- Collects and prepares statistical data from various internal and external sources; communicates intelligence on the data collected using policy analysis, statistical analysis, and financial analysis; Informs management of findings and explains operational impacts.
- Develops vendor pricing models, participates in vendor financial negotiations, and monitors vendor financial compliance.
- Monitors business reports, expenditure trends, and makes recommendations in compliance with procedures, statutes, and regulations.
- Collaborates with Shared Technology Services (STS) Vendor Managers, DIR Contract Managers, and DIR Enterprise Relationship Managers to analyze and resolve internal and external customer financial questions or concerns.
- Performs invoice validation activities, and communicates with customers on invoice questions, disputes, and billing methodologies.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business, public administration, or a related field.
- Additional work-related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in at least one of the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in state government budget preparation and analysis
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience participating in complex financial transitions involving
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of accounting, budgetary, and management principles, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge of automated accounting, budgeting, and forecasting programs; and of performance measurement and reporting
- Knowledge of Information Technology related services and familiarity with ITIL processes
- Ability to analyze fiscal management information to determine the appropriate use of funds and establish cost recovery fees.
- Ability to perform statistical analyses.
- Ability to identify and develop budgetary reports and schedules.
- Ability to work with large data sets accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Ability to analyze management problems and develop and present solutions, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Advanced Microsoft Skills)
- Business Objects, CAPPS, NetPlus, ServiceNow, Microsoft Power Query, or Power BI preferred.
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking.
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing