Clerk II (Data Management Intern)
Open Until Filled
Clerk II (Data Management Intern)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine-0111; Air Force-3F5X1
Number of Vacancies:
Office of the Chief Data Officer
$2194.33 – $2800.00
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 475-4922 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at email@example.com
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state. The Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) establishes the data management vision and direction for the State of Texas.
This internship will provide an opportunity to learn about the Texas Data Management Advisory Committee (DMAC), established through Senate Bill 475 (87th Legislative Session), and help mature the state’s overall data management program. The work will entail writing a series of whitepapers: brief informational documents which promote data management and provide guidance to state agencies and institutions of higher education on governing and managing state data.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Support the Texas Department of Information Resources Office of the Chief Data Officer.
- Research data management subject matters, and design and create professional, informative whitepapers to support the Data Management Advisory Committee and the Texas Statewide Data Program.
- Conduct research; compose, review, illustrate, and edit documents; and communicate effectively and provide guidance to others.
- Organize and collaborate with other staff to cross-check and review developed materials.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- We are interested in students and recent graduates with the following skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in researching, editing, and integrating written materials for inclusion in published documents.
- Ability to apply communication and design principles to documents.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Adaptability and ability to work in fast-paced environments with cross-functional teams.
- Desire to learn data management and data governance concepts.
- Ability to incorporate the DIR brand into creative design and content.
- Ability to complete work within deadlines.
- A student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university as an upper-division (junior or senior) undergraduate with a major or course work in business administration, English, education, or a related field is generally preferred (Must possess academic performance that is considered in good academic standing by college/university standards); or
- A recent graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in business administration, English, education, or a related field.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Experience with writing, editing, and integrating written content into documentation.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments – e.g., word processing (Word preferred), spreadsheets (Excel preferred), email (Outlook preferred), presentation software (PowerPoint preferred), and online meeting software (Teams preferred).
- The team meets regularly and interacts to spur discussions and brainstorm strategies. Your input will be valued, and your opinions will be heard.
- Frequent use of a personal computer.
- Frequent listening and talking.
- Frequent work in a dynamic environment, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
THE FINE PRINT
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Background check required
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete assigned tasks within a given timeframe
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, standards
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws