Clerk II (Social Media Intern)
Clerk II (Social Media Intern)
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Marine Corps-0111; Air Force-3F5X1
Number of Vacancies:
Chief of Staff – Program Development Office
$2194.33 – $2800.00
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at email@example.com
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Develops and assists with the creation of social media strategies and content that will increase agency awareness, provide program updates, and improve customer education.
- Researches and shares social media trends, relevant news, and other opportunities.
- Creates informative announcements, posts, and other content to promote DIR’s programs and offerings.
- Participates in the content process, including brainstorming, researching, and writing content.
- Develops a social media / content calendar or plan.
- Generates and creates presentations on social media analytics to evaluate social media health and performance.
- Assists in the management of DIR’s LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube presence.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
We are interested in students with the following skills:
- Demonstrated skill with social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Research and documentation of findings.
- Adaptability and ability to work in fast-paced environments with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to incorporate the DIR brand into creative design and content.
- Ability to complete work within deadlines.
- A student currently enrolled in a college or university as an upper-division (junior or senior) undergraduate with a major or course work in communication, marketing, graphic design, or a related field.
- Must possess academic performance that is considered in good academic standing by college/university standards.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience with social media and Internet technologies.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments – e.g., word processing, spreadsheets (Excel preferred), email (Outlook preferred), presentation software (Power Point preferred), and online meeting software (Teams).
- The team meets regularly and interacts to spur discussions and brainstorm strategies. Your input will be valued and your opinions will be heard.
- Frequent use of a personal computer.
- Frequent listening and talking.
- Frequent work in a dynamic environment, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
THE FINE PRINT
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Background check required
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete assigned tasks within a given timeframe
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, standards
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws