Capitol Complex Telephone System (CCTS)
DIR’s CCTS landline services are only available to - and required for - the Capitol Complex.
CCTS is a centrally managed telephone service for the 90 Austin area state agencies, including each house of the Legislature and legislative agencies within the Capitol Complex.
DIR administers the system to support the following:
Telephone Services including installation, changes and repair
Dial tone extension to state agencies off Complex
Directory Services including CCTS online directory
Voice Mail, Call Center Services, Auto Attendant Routing
View the online directory
CCTS Voice Mail Services
Voice mail services are available to CCTS customers. You may download instructions for the system below. Voice mail training is offered on an as-needed basis. Voice Mail Instructions - PDF (73 KB) - About file formats.
CCTS Telephone Coordinators
Each agency using CCTS services is required to designate a telephone coordinator to handle all routine transactions between the agency and DIR. To find the name of your coordinator, call DIR at 512-305-9100.
For your convenience, CCTS services are billed as part of your monthly Telecom Consolidated Bill.
State Operator Services
CCTS operators assist callers with state agency directory information in the Austin area and within the capitol complex. To contact a state operator, call 512-463-4630.
Operators can provide:
- Austin area state agency information
- Telephone contact information for Capitol Complex, Capitol building, House and Senate offices and Legislative Council
- Assistance with transferring calls to state agencies within the Capitol Complex or other state agencies in the Austin area
- Experienced assistance with routing callers to the appropriate Texas state office
Operators cannot provide:
- Federal, city, county, or international numbers – operators do not have access to this information
- Employment verification
- Phone numbers for state employees not listed in the CCTS