TEX-AN: Voice Services
Selecting the right voice service for your organization depends on your office size, call volume, and business needs.
- Local Voice Services include several services that work with your existing PBX-type equipment and allow you to access the public switched telecommunications network (PSTN). These TEX-AN services include Business Line, analog and digital trunks, ISDN PRI circuits, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Your Telecom Service Fulfillment Representative can assist you with additional information about these services.
- Switched Long Distance Service is ideal for small offices, allowing you to place long distance calls utilizing the TEX-AN network and your chosen TEX-AN carrier. Simply provide us with a list of telephone numbers that will be making long distance calls and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Dedicated Long Distance Service is best for large offices that place a high volume of long distance calls. DIR will order the installation of a circuit between your office location and your chosen TEX-AN carrier. (One circuit can be provisioned to carry both long distance and toll-free traffic.)
- Switched Toll-Free Service (8XX) is best suited for small offices that have a low volume of toll-free calls. This service allows you to direct a TEX-AN toll-free number to one of your local office telephone numbers without ordering a circuit.
- Dedicated Toll-Free Service (8XX) is designed for large offices or call centers that receive a high volume of toll-free calls. DIR will order the installation of a circuit between your office location and your chosen TEX-AN carrier. (One circuit can be provisioned to carry both long distance and toll-free traffic.)