Application Modernization with Microsoft Azure
Monday, March 23, 2020 | 9:00 - 5:00 | Austin, Texas
What event is it?
App Modernization is a free, interactive customer workshop hosted by Microsoft. During this event customers engage in workshop and hands-on labs, and learn about App Modernization Strategies, Azure developer services, latest on industry trends from Azure application development expert.
Where and When?Microsoft Offices - 10900 Stonelake Blvd, Bldg II, Ste 225, Austin, TX. 78759Mesquite Conference RoomHow to register?Register via DIR online form.There is no cost to attend.Please return to form if you need to cancel.Who attends?Morning Sessions until 10:30 are for both Leadership (CIO, CTO, Directors, Managers) and Architects/Developers. Sessions starting at 10:45 AM are technical so focused towards Architects and Developers.Those attending the full day will need a laptop.Agenda
09:00 AM Welcome and Introductions09:15 AM The Case for App Modernization09:30 AM How to Decide on an App Modernization Strategy?10:30 AM Break10:45 AM Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service11:45 AM PaaS Demo12:15 PM Lunch (on your own)01:30 PM Hands-On-Labs04:45 PM Wrap-up / Closing Remarks
IMPORTANT: Attendees for the full day must bring a laptop and have it set up prior to event.
You will need your laptop to this workshop.
- Azure Subscription. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free Azure account here. Note: The free account requires a credit card for identity validation.
- You will need to connect to the Internet. Wireless access will be provided at the venue.
- You may be required to install binaries and/or tunnel out to the Lab Environments. Many attendees have been able to use their corporate laptops by turning off any VPN connections. Alternately, attendees have brought personal laptops to get around any security restrictions on corporate assets.
The workshop includes a variety of Hands On Labs for attendees. These will vary from Introductory to Advanced Level exercises. Attendees will be able to choose the labs appropriate for their skill/comfort level. Some QuickStarts will require a few tools to be installed on your computer.
Have these installed and setup prior to attending the workshop. Attendees will not have time allocated for installation and setup.
Many of the steps in the Hands On Labs can be performed in the Azure Portal from the browser. However, a few labs require supporting tools.
- .NET with SQL DB HOL
- Install Visual Studio 2019 and ensure that the Azure Development workload is also installed
- Node.js with MongoDB HOL
Logic Apps HOL:
- An Office 365 Outlook, Outlook.com, or Gmail account for sending email alerts
- An active Twitter Account for Logic App Triggers
Azure Functions HOL:
- Install Visual Studio 2019 and ensure the Azure development workload is also installed
- Install the latest Azure Functions tools.
Microservices & Containers HOL:
- Install the Service Fabric Mesh CLI
Lunch is on-your-own with a 60-minute break mid-day and many options within short driving distance.
Microsoft's visitor break area has a single-serve hot beverage machine, small microwave, under-counter ice maker, filtered water, and sink. Feel free to bring your own snacks. (Note: The two vending machines that used to be on the first floor have been removed and that space re-purposed, so there's nothing available in the building.)
Via email after the class, you will receive:
- Continuing education credits authorized by DIR
- Link to course evaluation. PLEASE complete the evaluation as your feedback is extremely important to both DIR and Microsoft.
Please contact the Microsoft team with any content/technical questions.
DIR is handling registration and will award CPE credit.
- Justin Roan (Technical Strategist) - email@example.com
- Zafar Mohammed (Cloud Architect and Strategist) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joy Hall Bryant (DIR Contact) - email@example.com
DIR thanks Microsoft for supplying this valuable training!
Date & Location
Date & Time
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stonelake Blvd, Bldg II, Ste 225,, Austin, TX. 78759