Amazon in partnership with Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) is providing free virtual three-day Running Containers on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) training class. Anyone from public sector can participate.
This course is intended for:
- Those who will provide container orchestration management in the AWS Cloud including:
- DevOps engineers
- Systems administrators
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Review and examine containers, Kubernetes and Amazon EKS fundamentals and the impact of containers on workflows.
- Build an Amazon EKS cluster by selecting the correct compute resources to support worker nodes.
- Secure your environment with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) authentication by creating an Amazon EKS service role for your cluster
- Deploy an application on the cluster. Publish container images to ECR and secure access via IAM policy.
- Automate and deploy applications, examine automation tools and pipelines. Create a GitOps pipeline using WeaveFlux.
- Collect monitoring data through metrics, logs, tracing with AWS X-Ray and identify metrics for performance tuning. Review scenarios where bottlenecks require the best scaling approach using horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Assess the tradeoffs between efficiency, resiliency, and cost and impact for tuning one over the other. Describe and outline a holistic, iterative approach to optimizing your environment. Design for cost, efficiency, and resiliency.
- Configure the AWS networking services to support the cluster. Describe how EKS/Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) functions and simplifies inter-node communications. Describe the function of VPC Container Network Interface (CNI). Review the benefits of a service mesh.
- Upgrade your Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, and third-party tools.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Completed Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Primer
- Completed AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (or equivalent real-world experience)
- Basic Linux administration experience
- Basic network administration experience
- Basic knowledge of containers and microservices
How to register:
- Click the link above. Review the class and click "Register".
- Select your appropriate region.
- Sign in using your existing Amazon account or Create a new account by clicking on the "Create you Amazon account" button. (Please use your work email address for this Amazon account).
- If you are signing in for the first time, complete your account profile when prompted.
- You will see confirmation in the 'My Transcript' page that shows you have successfully registered for the course.
- Check your email for a registration confirmation email. This email will have instructions for how to register for access to course materials and the lab environment. Please complete the steps in that email before class.
Launch on Day of Delivery Instructions:
- Go to: https://www.aws.training/Account/Transcript/Current
- Sign-in on the top right-hand side of the page
- When you are done signing in and are returned to the main home page, hover over "My Account" and click "Transcript"
- Select your class which will have a box that says "Open". Click "Open"
- You will be redirected to a page with a blue "Launch" link. Click the link and you will be redirected to Go To Training and join your class.
Please note the following:
- The blue "Launch" link will be present approximately 30 minutes before the start of the session
- If you have a pop-up blocker enabled, you will need to disable it for GoToTraining to launch
- The preferred internet browsers are Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and Internet Explorer
- If you are using a Mac, please disconnect from VPN if possible, to reduce lag
- If you encounter any issues, please email: [email protected] with the following:
- Your Class ID
- Company name
- Email associated with your account
- Issue you are incurring
- Each attendee will require a laptop or PC, with wired or wireless internet access.
- Windows laptop/desktop users may need the ability to install a SSH client such as "Putty" onto their devices.