Important: when you register, SAVE your confirmation email. If plans change later, you need the unique link embedded that allows you to cancel. Each of these has been filling with a waitlist.
DIR serves as the educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit. There is no cost to attend these courses, but we must ensure a minimum of 10 participants per session so please place priority on registration if you plan to attend.
AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
This 1-day course will introduce students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will explain how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
- AZ-900 Class: Tuesday 1/21 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Register 1/21
- AZ-900 Class: Wednesday 1/22 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Register 1/22
- AZ-900 Class: Thursday 1/23 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Register 1/23
AZ-900 Certification Exam Proctored at Microsoft Offices (Optional)
Register for exam only if successfully registered for one of the above classes.
AZ-900 Exam: Friday 1/24 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Register for Exam 1/24 AM
AZ-900 Exam: Friday 1/24 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Register for Exam 1/24 PM
You may also make an appointment with an independent testing center. See Exam Voucher section.
- Do check the box that information can be shared with your employer.
- Watch for emails from Microsoft and Skillpipe.
- Microsoft is managing registration. Follow instructions provided by their team either directly from staff or via the automated communication systems.
- Credential info - which you need to bring to class - will be emailed from SkillPipe.
- If you need to withdraw once registered, click CANCEL link in your confirmation email. (Be sure to save that email!)
Bring to Class
- Laptop with the following minimum specifications:
- Desktop version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- OS minimum requirements - Windows 8.1
- Minimum laptop requirements - x86, x64, ARM, ARM64
- Credentials sent via email from SkillPipe
- Paper/pen for notes
Microsoft Austin Office: 10900 Stonelake Blvd, Building II, Suite 225, Austin, TX 78759. Mesquite Classroom
Lunch is on-your-own with a 60-minute break mid-day and many options within short driving distance.
The visitor break area has a single-serve hot beverage machine, small microwave, under-counter ice maker, filtered water, and small sink. There are two vending machines in the building on first floor. Feel free to bring your own snacks.
At the end of each class, attendees receive a free voucher to take the AZ-900 certification exam. (Value $99). Sitting for the exam is not a required, but this is an excellent opportunity to achieve the recommended certification. If not in one of the Friday exam sessions, you may schedule your exam at an independent testing center. Per DIR General Counsel:
The attendees may accept the training voucher for the certification exam. This training and the employee certification option are benefits to the state and are ancillary functions to the services that DIR purchases from Microsoft.
Via email after the class, you will receive:
- Continuing education credits authorized by DIR
- Link to course evaluation.
PLEASE complete the evaluation as your feedback is extremely important to both DIR and Microsoft.
For any questions please contact the Microsoft account team and/or DIR:
- Patrick Johnson (Azure Cloud Solution Architect) - Johnson.Patrick@microsoft.com
- Justin Roan (Technical Strategist) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Riley (Azure Solutions Specialist) - email@example.com
- Joy Hall Bryant (DIR Contact) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Raw Links (in case anything gets corrupted)
Date & Location
Date & Time
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stonelake Blvd, Bldg II, Ste 225, Austin, TX 78759