Azure Active Directory Premium for IT Administrators
Friday, April 12, 2019 | Austin, Texas9:00 am - Noon Workshop & 1:00-5:00 Office Hours
A complimentary, hands-on workshop presented by Microsoft and sponsored by DIR as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS).
workshop will outline some of the security and integration features of Azure
Active Directory Premium. A great
majority of breaches occur because of compromised credentials and identity
theft. We'll discuss some of these
attacks and how to detect and mitigate them.
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium (AADP) Features
- Common attack vectors that can be addressed with AADP
- Demonstration of common configurations
- Open "Office Hours" to answer questions and discuss tenant specific needs and configurations
What you will get from this workshop:
Learn about the benefits of using premium features for layered identity protection, management, and reporting. You'll also learn about integrating your applications to Azure AD to take advantage of modern authentication and security controls.
Who should attend this session?
This workshop is primarily focused on the administrators of Office 365, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, and identity. This also includes state security professionals who are responsible for agency security posture.
What do attendees need to bring to the workshop-
need to bring their laptop to this workshop with rights necessary to connect to
the internet. During the instruction
component of the workshop attendees are encouraged to follow along in their own
Office 365 tenant or utilize a test/trial tenant. In the afternoon during office hours
attendees are encouraged to discuss their own tenant with the experts.
Note: always follow rules and policies of your IT department.
About the technology being discussed:
Azure Active Directory is the front door to accessing Office 365, SaaS, and modern applications. It synergizes with Active Directory on premises to allow for hybrid identity management across cloud apps and security tools. Identity is the new security perimeter, and Azure AD security controls allow us to implement controls leveraging global threat intelligence, machine learning, and zero trust networking methodology.
DIR will award continuing education credit for the morning session.
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Public-sector IT professionals and network administrators.
Microsoft Austin Office10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759
Seating is limited in this one-time opportunity. So please return to the enrollment form and cancel should your plans change.
- This free workshop is hosted by Microsoft.
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) serves as an educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit.
- For technical questions about content, files, or laptop configuration - email Justin Roan of Microsoft.
- For general questions about the event or continuing education credit - email Joy Hall Bryant of DIR.
Date & Location
Date & Time
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759