IT Project Management in Texas State Government
Thursday, August 8, 2019| 8:30 am - 12 pm | Austin, Texas
Presented by DIR staff and sponsored by TASSCC.
Good, consistent project management is the foundation for successfully delivering projects within budget and on schedule. While Texas agencies have great autonomy in managing projects, the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) provides guidance through rules, policies, guidelines, and strategic tools that help agencies plan and manage IT projects. This past session, the Texas Legislature made several important changes to the major IT project oversight process.
Join DIR staff and other government project management professionals for a free half-day briefing covering:
New legislative requirements for major information resources projects (MIRPs), including changes to:
Project Delivery Framework
Quality Assurance Team (QAT) review process
Public Dashboard of Performance Metrics
QAT insights and the MIRP portfolio
This presentation is open to personnel from Texas state government who are interested project management. However, it is heavily focused for state agencies that are required to use the Project Delivery Framework in reporting their MIRPs to the QAT.
There is no fee to attend, but DIR does need a firm commitment from attendees.
(Please return to the form to cancel, or to provide more information, such as a typo in original entry.)
Location and Parking
Commons Conference Center, Big Tex Auditoriumwithin J.J. Pickle Research Campus10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
DIR will email confirmed registrants a parking pass before the event. If displayed on the dash when entering the complex, you do not need to stop at the guard gate.
- There is no cost to attend.
- DIR will award continuing education credit (3 IRM CPEs and/or 3 general Contact Hours).
- Please note, this is not a PMI registered event; however, the topics covered can be considered education/training in project management. For "technical" training PDUs, please follow to the instructions listed in the PMI Certification Requirements Handbook to claim credits for this session. DIR would be considered "third party providers" for this training event.
- Morning snacks will be provided. (Coffee / breakfast pastries)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
DIR thanks TASSCC for sponsoring this educational event.
Date & Location
Date & Time
Commons Conference Center
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758