Microsoft Teams for IT Administrators
Thursday, February 28, 2019 | Austin, Texas8:30 am - 11:45 am OR 1:15 pm - 4:30 pm (Two sessions/same content.)
Microsoft Teams has arrived to Office 365, bringing a chat-based workspace to your fingertips. Teams can pull together everything you need to collaborate - schedule and conduct meetings, share notes and files, have threaded conversations - all in one place.As a hub for teamwork, Microsoft Teams works seamlessly with Office 365. For your organization to get the most out of Teams, we prepared 2 technical sessions for IT Pros to help with administration and adoption of Microsoft Teams. The goal of the workshop is to get hands-on experience with configuring Microsoft Teams to meet your organizations policies and understand how to develop a deployment and governance strategy for the life-cycle of a Microsoft Team.
In this workshop you will get:
Admin session for IT Pros
- Hands on environment to test Teams admin capabilities and how it affects other Office 365 apps
- Governance guidance to support planning, delivering, and operating Microsoft Teams in your existing IT environment
User adoption session for IT Pros
- Recommended approaches to deploy Teams, plan a pilot and an organization-wide roll out
- Use case examples to support your discussions with different lines of business
Who should attend this session:
- State and Local Government IT Professionals interested in modern collaboration software
- State and Local Government Network Administrators supporting collaboration and communications workloads
To ensure you get the most out of this workshop, please:
- Please plan to bring a laptop with you.
- Have a trial Office 365 tenant, which can be obtained athttps://aka.ms/E5Trial
Note: always follow rules and policies of your IT department.
About Microsoft Teams:
- Chat for today's teams: see content and chat history anytime in team chat or in private chat, join small group or team meetings.
- A hub for teamwork: instant access to everything your team needs right in Office 365 with built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, and Skype for Business.
- Customizable for each team: tailor your workspace to quickly access key documents and tools, explore data and get updates from the apps your teams use every day.
- Security teams can trust: enterprise security and compliance features you expect from Office 365, including eDiscovery and legal hold for channels, chats, and files.
- Learn more about Microsoft Teams and start using it today.
- Engage FastTrack to support deployment and adoption.
DIR will award continuing education credit.
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Public-sector IT professionals and network administrators.
Microsoft Austin Office10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759
Seating is limited in this one-time opportunity. So please return to the enrollment form and cancel should your plans change.
- This free workshop is hosted by Microsoft and Catapult Systems.
- The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) serves as an educational sponsor and will award continuing education credit.
- For technical questions about content, files, or laptop configuration - email Justin Roan of Microsoft.
- For general questions about the event or continuing education credit - email Joy Hall Bryant of DIR.
Date & Location
Date & Time
Microsoft Austin Office
10900 Stone lake Blvd, Building B, Austin, TX 78759