Part of DIR's productivity series, each topic encourages users to learn more about those tools most agencies already own.
2/5 Update: Microsoft provided many valuable resources for sharting. Scroll to the bottom of the detail section.
DIR Productivity Series - Making the Most of Existing Tools
Office 365 Productivity: Resources for End-Users
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 via virtual meeting10:00 - 11:00 am CST via webinar
Review the resources available to help create an Office 365 Adoption Plan, i.e. how to get end-users to use Office 365 services.
At DIR and Microsoft, we want you to make the most of your investment in Office 365. Planning for end user adoption is key to achieving your full potential with Office 365. This session will help guide you through the steps of identifying and executing a successful plan for your adoption of Office 365, ensuring your organization embraces a new way of working. We will discuss creating an adoption plan and several end-user education resources available from Microsoft to help people educate themselves on using the Office 365 tools.
Deployment Plan vs Adoption Plan
Adoption Plan - Change Management Approach
Review end-user education resources available from Microsoft for Office 365
Public sector staff involved in rolling out new technology and facilitating end-user adoption. This may include:
- Folks in training or communication channels
- Anyone responsible for creating training plans on IT projects
- Project managers and Change Managers
- IT staff assisting with end-user needs
- No cost to attend; open to any public sector staff
- Presented by Microsoft as an effort to help agencies maximize tools most already own.
- Sponsored by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) as part of the Technology Today Series (TTS).
- DIR will award 1 hour continuing education credit.
- Registration link: https://txdir.wufoo.com/forms/qzmbech1scd01y/
POST EVENT: RESOURCES SHARED
Materials from the presenter are listed below. These are from a 3rd party and do not belong to DIR. Please note that DIR cannot guarantee the accessibility of external content. Also see disclaimer below this section.
Office 365 Productivity: Resources for End-Users (Recording)
Adoption Planning Resources
- Microsoft 365 Adoption Guide (good high level overview of the adoption process)
- Microsoft 365 Adoption Planning Deck (the presentation I delivered yesterday was derived from this presentation)
- Microsoft 365 End User Adoption Guide (more tactical approach on creating an end-user adoption plan)
- Early Adoption Program
- Build a Champion Program
- Microsoft 365 Productivity Library
- Measure success guide
- Sample user satisfaction surveys
End-user Training Resources
Office Help & Training - https://support.office.com/
Example Video:OneDrive video training
Online Documents - https://docs.microsoft.com
Example: Teams training
Productivity Library - https://aka.ms/ProductivityLibrary
Resource Hub - https://aka.ms/ResourceHub
(future) Custom Learning for Office 365 (aka Microsoft Training Services)
Coffee in the Cloud - https://aka.ms/CoffeeInTheCloud
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DISCLAIMERSDIR neither endorses the content, products, services, or viewpoints expressed by the linked files, nor assumes any responsibility for the content of these presentations. DIR makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information on presentations provided by third parties.Reference to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DIR or the State of Texas, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Date & Location
Date & Time