Network Security Operations Center (NSOC)
On this page:
DIR Cybersecurity Operations Introduction
Services Provided By CyberOps
The NSOC was created by the Texas Legislature and tasked with providing network security for state agencies on the DIR network and the consolidated datacenters. They defined network security to include monitoring, alerting, the use of countermeasures to thwart attacks, and incident response.
DIR Cybersecurity Operations
The DIR Cybersecurity Operations Team (CyberOps) is responsible for carrying out those duties. CyberOps operates a state-of-the-art security stack that protects the State of Texas network from attacks and detects suspicious activity. CyberOps oversees Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack monitoring and mitigation. CyberOps handles incident response for datacenter customers and supports other agency incidents.
Services Provided by CyberOps
- 24/7/365 network traffic monitoring & alerting
- 24/7/365 DDoS attack monitoring and mitigation
- 24/7/365 Incident Response for state agencies
- Perimeter blocking
- Oversight of the state funded Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) program
- Threat intelligence gathering and sharing
- Dark web investigations
- Phishing email analysis