Outreach and Training
DIR has upcoming new DIR Website trainings for our customers. Register for the event relevant to your organization: State Agencies (Septmeber 20, 2021 at 10AM), Insititutions of Higher Education (September 21, 2021 at 10AM), and all other Customers (September 21 at 2PM).
Please see events here and register for this live demonstration.
DIR offers training and customized outreach on a wide variety of topics that our Customers and Vendors need. Reach out to DIR to set up a customized session or learn about upcoming opportunities.
- Texas State Agencies
- K-12 School Districts
- Intuitions of Higher Education (including Private or Independent districts)
- Units of Local Government
- Other Organizations, such as:
- Assistance Organizations
- Hospitals, First Responders, Volunteer Fire Depts
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)
- Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA)
- Organizations outside of Texas
Find out more about the types of Customers that DIR is dedicated to serving.
DIR serves a wide range of customers. However, before buying through DIR, learn more about your agency's eligibility to purchase through DIR.
Customer Training Topics
- An overview of DIR’s Shared Technology Services and Cooperative Contracts product and service offerings and how to navigate the DIR contracts.
- Identifying and utilizing Bulk Purchase opportunities.
- Tips on managing your IT contracts.
- Maximizing HUB utilization on your IT procurements and contracts.
- IT Negotiations.
- Accessibility requirements for IT products and services.
- Statement of Work and threshold requirements (specific to State agencies).
- Exemption review and approval process (specific to State agencies).
We can also customize training sessions specific to the wants and needs of our Customers. Find out more by reaching out to the Outreach and Training team.
Vendor Training Topics
Vendor(s) who hold a current DIR contract or those seeking to do business with DIR, trainings may include such topics as:
- Doing Business with DIR - Learn what it takes to becoming a vendor with DIR
- How to become a DIR vendor as a prime contract holder and how to become a reseller or subcontractor on a prime contract holder’s contract.
- How to navigate the BidStamp portal when responding to DIR’s Requests For Offers (RFO) (see Guide below).
- Vendor orientations for vendors who have been awarded a DIR contract.
- HUB trainings on how to do business with the State of Texas.
Find out more about other resources available to your agency.
Be on the lookout for upcoming training sessions - Statewide HUB Vendor Training