Open Until Filled.
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army 25B, 255A; Navy IT, 682X, 782X; Coast Guard IT; Marine Corps 0673, 8846; Airforce 3D0X4, 8K000
Number of Vacancies:
Chief Technology Office/IT Services/IT Applications Development
$4750.00 - $5583.33 / monthly
Hours Worked Weekly:
This position may be eligible for flexible work hours and/or a hybrid work schedule if certain program guidelines are met; working arrangements may change at any time at the sole discretion of the agency.
300 W. 15th, Austin, Texas 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 475-4922 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified of appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs routine to moderately complex or complex (journey-level) computer programming work. Work involves analyzing system specifications to develop software for computer applications; developing solution software; documenting the methods and procedures used in software development; and testing, correcting, and revising software. The ideal candidate will use their technical expertise to support multiple applications, processes, and systems across the IT Services department. Works under general supervision with limited-moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight these strengths in the following functions:
- Analyzes, users’ needs; designs, tests, and develops applications to meet those needs.
- Analyses, reviews, and revises applications to increase operating efficiencies or to adapt to new procedures.
- Prepares detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operations for a proposed application or an update to an existing application.
- Compiles and documents procedures throughout the development lifecycle process and revisions.
- Assists in performing research and the analysis required for project proposals, applications, and systems modifications.
- Assists in analyzing software problems and developing solutions.
- Assists in developing and documenting procedures and training manuals and assists in conducting training/user presentations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in web content development, website design, web administration, or a field relevant to the job duties of the position preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED
- One (1) or more years of experience in application development in one or more of the following web-based UI’s and applications: HTML5, CSS, .Net, .Net C# Web Services, JSP, XML, XSLT, CAML, SQL, T-SQL, SOAP, WSDL or AJAX technologies.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING PREFERRED
- Experience working with database applications, such as SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience with SharePoint
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Cross-browser knowledge (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations, information systems, and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of information security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of research techniques and applications.
- Understanding building and loading various database objects as well as programmatically
- Familiarity with PowerShell to run automated tasks.
- Familiarity with the deployment of OLAP, OLTP, and ETL solutions.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Ability to analyze application and database software for performance tuning opportunities.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing workload priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS development languages
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Criminal background check.
- Frequent use of personal computers, copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking.
- Occasional bending, stooping, lifting, and climbing.