Open Until Filled
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army-26B; Navy-682X, CYB10; Marine-0673, 2652, 8846; Air Force-3D0X4, 8K000
Number of Vacancies:
IT Services/IT Applications Delivery
$7500.00 – $8333.33
Hours Worked Weekly:
300 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 463-5920 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at email@example.com
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified for appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs advanced computer programming work. Work involves overseeing programming projects; analyzing proposed applications; and designing software solutions. Performs work including evaluating, architecting, designing, developing, and supporting web applications, web interfaces, and web services. Supports client-server application and programming environment. Assist and/or lead in the planning, scheduling, and performance of programming projects; coordinating programming projects; analyzing proposed computer applications; preparing, documenting, and developing programs; providing technical assistance to users and management. May supervise the work of others when directed. Ensures consistency, accuracy, and compliance with appropriate regulations, including Accessibility regulations. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Oversees and/or performs work on programming projects including those that are highly complex in nature or large in scale.
- Coordinates and/or analyzes, reviews, and revises software to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new procedures.
- Oversees and/or performs highly complex coding, testing, debugging, and implementation of applications.
- Develops instructions or manuals for end users
- Provides technical advice and assistance in matters related to programming activities.
- Oversees and/or develops diagrams and flowcharts used to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Develops standards and procedures for programming staff and ensures work is completed in a timely and efficient manner consistent with defined policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, data processing, or related field
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis
- High school diploma and nine (9) years of experience required without a degree
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience developing web-based UI’s and applications using HTML5, CSS, .Net, .Net C# Web Services, JSP, XML, XSLT, CAML, SQL, T-SQL, SOAP, WSDL and AJAX technologies.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with building and loading various database objects as well as programmatically accessing databases like MS SQL, Oracle, and Informix
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with shell scripting and cron
- Experience working with web application servers: IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Experience working with web security (public and private)
- Development experience implementing applications using SOA principles and EAI architecture
- Experience with secure programming techniques and application exploit methods
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING PREFERRED
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Working knowledge of Azure cloud platform
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge of SharePoint technologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Technical Knowledge
- Knowledgeable about cross-site scripting and sql injection security issues
- Cross browser knowledge (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Skilled in architecting, designing, and developing cloud-based applications
- Skilled in deployment of OLAP, OLTP and ETL solutions
- Skilled in creating high-level application designs
- Skilled in creating technical and design documentation
- Ability to write technical operating procedures
- Ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Experience using cloud-based applications such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure and Salesforce preferred
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of a personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting and climbing