Systems Support Specialist IV
Opened Until Filled.
Systems Support Specialist IV
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army-25B, 94F; Navy-CT, ET, IT; Coast Guard-IT, CYB11; Air Force-3D1X1
Number of Vacancies:
CTO (IT Services/IT Operations)
$3520.33 - $5746.67
Hours Worked Weekly:
This position may be eligible for flexible work hours and/or a hybrid work schedule if certain program guidelines are met; working arrangements may change at any time at the sole discretion of the agency.
300 W. 15th, Austin, Texas 78701
Refer Inquiries to:
(512) 475-4922 or (512) 475-4612
HOW TO APPLY:
- Select “Apply Online” to apply for the job at https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- You must create a CAPPS Career Section candidate profile or be logged in to apply
- Update your profile and apply for the job by navigating through the pages and steps
- Once ready, select “Submit” on the “Review and Submit” page
- If you have problems accessing the CAPPS Career Section, please email the CAPPS Recruiting Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must provide in-depth information in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section to demonstrate how they meet the position qualifications. Incomplete applications may result in disqualification.
- Resumes may be uploaded as an attachment but are not accepted in lieu of the information required in the EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS section of the application.
Candidates will be notified of appointments as determined by the selection committee.
Section 651.005 of the Government Code requires males, ages 18 through 25 years, to provide proof of their Selective Service registration or proof of their exemption from the requirement as a condition of state employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Information Resources does not exclude anyone from consideration for recruitment, selection, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action, or deny any benefits or participation in programs or activities, which it sponsors on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. Please call 512-463-5920 to request reasonable accommodations.
The Texas Department of Information Resources is the state agency charged with protecting the state’s data and critical technology infrastructure, managing a multi-million-dollar cooperative contracts program, and providing strategic technology leadership, solutions, and innovation to all levels of Texas government. DIR is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with highly motivated and engaged employees dedicated to achieving the best value for the state.
Performs advanced (senior-level) computer systems support work in a help desk setting. Work involves coordinating and/or providing first-line assistance for operational problems of agency information technology systems and operating automated office equipment in a stand-alone, network, or mainframe environment. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WE DO
The ideal candidate will have the ability to highlight their strengths in the following functions:
- Coordinates and/or reviews and prioritizes incoming operational issues and requests for technical assistance related to computers, software, and standard office equipment; identifies and logs the type of problem; and monitors the status to ensure a timely resolution. IT Systems User Management (SharePoint, Salesforce, DocuSign, other systems as assigned).
- Coordinates and/or sets up equipment for employee use, and performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software. Provides routine technical assistance troubleshooting software and hardware problems, as well as problems involving office equipment such as phones, printers, and fax machines; and recognizes and escalates difficult problems to a higher level of support.
- Assigns user credentials, resets passwords and performs other routine application administrative duties. IT Systems User Management (SharePoint, Salesforce, DocuSign, other systems as assigned).
- Performs basic data fixes and database administration for some in-house applications, primarily the Vendor Sales Report application, under the direction of the database team.
- Writes documentation for procedures required for all tasks and job assignments.
- Assists ITS team members in providing and supporting technical support services, as assigned. Break/fix (entry-level DBA work).
- Develops and documents procedures and training manuals and conducts training/user presentations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or another related degree.
- Additional work-related experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in desktop end-user support; monitoring ticketing systems, fulfilling end-user support requests, and managing special cases to resolve desktop support, software, and break/fix issues.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Windows 10 administration and supporting Office 365 applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Business Solutions products (Microsoft Network/Active Directory).
- Experience troubleshooting integrated and interdependent computer systems.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING PREFERRED
- Familiarity with database concepts and MS SQL
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with DocuSign
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations, information systems, and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of information security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of research techniques and applications.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems, manage multiple priorities, and collaborate with teammates in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to effectively convey information and communicate with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Ability to work under pressure and exacting schedules to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships at all organizational levels, including agency management, direct supervisors, co-workers, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand, follow and convey brief oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to support and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to comply with all agency policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software necessary to perform work assignments e.g., word processing, and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS development languages
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Criminal background check
- Frequent use of personal computers, copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, listening, and talking.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting and climbing.
- Occasional overtime.