Thursday, September 26, 2019 | El Paso, Texas
8:30AM – 12:00Noon OR 1:30PM – 5:00PM (same content both sessions)
A complimentary educational briefing presented by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
Register for a seat in this workshop to ensure continuing education credits through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Onsite, in-person registration will also be available for individuals not claiming continuing education credits.
State agency information resources are strategic assets that must be managed appropriately, starting with planning and procurement. DIR negotiates master contracts that cover a wide variety of information technology products and services. These leverage the bulk buying power of the State of Texas, providing aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. All DIR contracts are competitively bid and comply with state purchasing requirements.
DIR serves a wide spectrum of customers including Texas state agencies, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. State agencies are required to use contracts established by DIR.
Join us for a half-day training presented by DIR staff to discuss how to navigate and optimize the IT procurement process. Topics include:
• Determining the appropriate IT procurement method
• Making the most effective use of DIR Cooperative and Shared Technology Services contracts
• Tips and tricks for searching for DIR contracts
• Maximizing HUB utilization on DIR Contracts
• Best practices for procurement file documentation
• Tips for contract negotiations
• DIR Innovative Procurement Lab (IPL) & Agile Procurement
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
The primary audience for this session is personnel from public sector organizations, inclusive of state higher education. (Those who purchase technology products and services using DIR contracts.)
El Paso Hispanic Chamber
4141 Pinnacle St Suite 120
El Paso, TX 79902
Register for a seat in this workshop here to ensure continuing education credits through the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Onsite, in-person registration will also be available for individuals not claiming continuing education credits.
New Users to the Statewide Procurement Education System, please follow these steps:
- Click on the "New User Registration" tab
- Register for the Statewide Procurement Education System
- Once you click submit, you will be sent an activation email
- After clicking the activation link, you will be prompted to log in to have access to the Statewide Procurement Education System.