The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) delivers technology solutions to state and local government entities. Specifically, DIR is here to:
- Offer purchasing support and policy insights so organizations across all levels of Texas government can find and securely implement modern technology
- Set forth strategic direction for IT statewide through policies and guidance
- Analyze cybersecurity risks and solutions
- Empower state and local government entities with reliable and secure technology
- Assist with technology procurement/purchasing
- Collaborate with technology vendors
- Create a dynamic online community for knowledge sharing
The approximately 200 professionals who work at DIR are driven by a sincere desire to make governmental technology more secure, cost-effective, and forward-looking. We’re honored to serve as the cornerstone of public sector technology in Texas.
The Details of DIR
Mission, Vision, and Values
Discover our agency mission and what drives our approach, including our dedication to our employees.
Meet the people who shape our strategy. Read minutes from board meetings.
Learn more about our leadership team who drive our work every day.
Organization and Divisions
View a simplified version of our organizational chart.
Learn how you can collaborate with others on technology projects and challenges.
Providing independent and objective audit services to add value and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
See how we set fees that aim to create the greatest cost savings for our customers.
Salary Supplement Reporting
Our staff compensation reports, as required by Texas law.
Upcoming EventsMore Events
About File Formats
Some documents on this page are in the PDF format. Please download the Adobe Reader in order to view these documents.