How to Influence Someone
Tue, Nov 12, 2019 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST via Webinar
DIR thanks Ryan Soisson, founder of Soisson & Associates for delivering this timely topic.
Do these challenges sound familiar?
- How can you get hundreds of end users to follow a simple security protocol?
- How can you get Jean, the Operations VP, to talk to you before the initiative gathers momentum?
- How can you get your desktop support staff to listen carefully to client needs?
Influencing others is arguably the biggest challenge leaders face. Most leaders routinely rely upon a small range of influence tactics, like communicating expectations, sending staff to trainings, reinforcing expectations in performance reviews. Unfortunately, these tactics are often over-used, misused or have limited impact. Luckily, leaders have a much wider range of promising influence options than they typically consider.
In this fast-paced workshop, we will:
- Challenge conventional thinking about influencing others
- Share a range of additional influence tactics for you to consider
- Provide a simple tool to work through your professional (and personal) influence challenges
We promise you will leave better armed for your next influence challenges!
Ryan Soisson, founder of Soisson & Associates, is committed to helping organizations, teams, and leaders achieve their most important goals in a sustainable manner. Ryan has considerable experience leading executive and management groups through strategic planning, organization design, change management, project planning, and process improvement initiatives. A dynamic trainer and instructional designer, Ryan has content expertise in a number of areas, including conflict resolution, coaching and behavior change.
This free webinar is open to any public-sector employee interested in the topic.
- Session hosted by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
- DIR will award 1 hour of continuing education credit for those who attend (1 IRM CPE or 1 Contact Hour).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with question.