Developing Cloud-Native Applications with Microservices Architectures is a high-level overview that will teach you how to combine different frameworks and tools into a microservices architecture that fits your organizational needs.
You've no doubt heard about the microservices architecture but understanding and executing it can be a bit of a challenge. This session will introduce microservices, review multiple microservices frameworks and runtimes, and show you techniques to deploy them through a hassle-free DevOps pipeline. We will discuss containers, Docker, Spring Boot, NodeJS, .NET, OpenShift, Jenkins, Vert.x, Kubernetes, and much more.
Audience for this course:
Java Developers or anyone interested in Openshift and Kubernetes.
Prerequisites for this course:
Understanding of software and IT system architecture
Location & Hours
Presented virtually via BlueJeans Primetime
Central Time Zone
Session 1 - Jan 26, 2020
Start Time: 1:00 PM
End Time: 5:00 PM
Session 2 - Jan 28, 2020
Start Time: 8:30 AM
End Time: 12:30 PM
Two date options, please register for only one session.
Registration link: Developing Cloud-Native Applications with Microservices Architectures
How to register:
- Click the registration link above
- Fill out all required fields
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Work Email: (Note: Please register with your agency/gov't. email address. No PRIVATE emails please)
- Company Name:
- Once you have completed filling out the information click on Register Now.
- Check your email for a registration confirmation email. This email will have instructions for how to log into the course the day of the event.
|40 min.||Microservices Overview: What and Why?|
|40 min.||Microservices Patterns (and demonstration)|
|40 min.||Pipelines (and demonstration)|
|40 min.||Logging, Monitoring, and Tracing (and demonstration)|
|60 min.||Moving from Monolith to Microservices|
Launch on Day of Delivery Instructions:
- Once registered, you will receive an auto-confirmation email from "Engage-Red Hat <firstname.lastname@example.org>". Subject: Registration confirmation | Free Technical Overview Course for State of Texas employees: Developing Cloud-Native Applications with Microservices Architectures. Save this information. The email includes the link to join as well as a link to edit or cancel your reservation and pre-requisites for the class.
- If you do not receive the email, either you mistyped your email address when registering or (more likely) spam filters are preventing delivery. Check your "Other" or "junk" folders. If still cannot find, consult with your IT staff. They may need to whitelist the sender.
- If your plans change once registered, please cancel your registration. Link found in your confirmation email.
- For questions related to registration, email Amanda Daughtry (email@example.com) at Red Hat.
Solutions Architect, Training and Certification, Red Hat
John Walter is a solutions architect for the Red Hat Training and Certification team specializing in cloud and DevOps technologies. He is a Red Hat Certified Architect and Instructor with a deep knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, Ansible Automation, and OpenShift® Container Platform.