Produced and hosted by CAST. DIR is an educational sponsor under the Technology Today Series.
Platform as a Service (PaaS) & Container as a Service (CaaS) cloud service offerings from Cloud Service Providers (CSP’s) like AWS, AZURE and Google offer an array of native services to enhance citizen user experience, offer new capabilities to serve your constituency, and offer potential economies that help keep taxpayer funded costs under control. Research indicates that less than 40% of cloud migrations succeed when only using subjective, survey-based application assessments and that simply lifting-and-shifting projects to cloud fails to deliver new mission value, better experience, or economies. Why? The answer may be in your applications. The CSP’s agree that a more disciplined approach to understanding your agency’s purpose-built legacy applications is an important planning step. As these systems have been continuously adapted to years of legislative and citizen requirements, they may not be easily migrated to native CaaS, PaaS or SaaS cloud environments. Software Intelligence can help agencies plan and execute their enterprise cloud modernizations with less risk and improved outcomes.
- What are the types of applications that benefit the most from a native migration to cloud environments?
- What are each of the “5R’s” and what application specific attributes can be identified via software inspection to support Rehost, Refactor, Revise, Rebuild and Replace decisions across the agency portfolio?
- Why is containerization important to be able to leverage native cloud? Are there specific patterns in your agency’s source code that can impact containerization?
- What are the most common ‘blockers’ in applications that make containerization challenging
- What are some application specific factors to consider when determining which cloud is best for specific agency systems?
- What patterns in your agency’s code can impede the move to native cloud? Accelerate?
- What role application quality plays in modernization to cloud?
- What are the IP (legal) and vulnerability risks of moving agency code that contains open source software (OSS) as you move to public cloud? How can OSS be an issue in your portfolio modernization program?
- With supporting case studies:
- Includes some technology demonstration to better illustrate and communicate key training points.
Questions? Event Contact
Date & Location
Date & Time