Join us as we explore the use of NoSQL databases and why agencies would want to modernize and build new applications using them vs traditional RDBMS systems. NoSQL databases are faster, more agile and more scalable than their RDBMS predecessors. In this session, we will cover:
- how the document model differs from the relational model
- the flexibility of NoSQL database schemas
- the ability to update with no downtime - a common feature across NoSQL databases.
- government uses cases for NoSQL databases.
Marianne Myers, Senior Solutions Architect, MongoDB
Marianne started as a developer and worked on large projects for strategic integrators with some of the largest customers in the United States. As a developer, she was often frustrated with the constraints of traditional RDBMS systems and was an early adopter of the document model. She has spent the past 12 years speaking with customers on the advantages of the document model.
- Hosted by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
- Any public sector staff are invited to participate. There is no cost to attend.
- For those attending the live webinar, DIR will award 1 hour of continuing education credit (IRM CPE, contact hour).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Raw URL: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/7816164393649/WN_jPmi2GZgQgmr3hXVL-22Ng