Materials Available from this Session
Download the PowerPoint deck used in the presentation (PPTX - 8.5 MB)
Recordings of the webinar will be posted on DIR's YouTube Channel, divided into 3 parts for easier viewing. (This will take a few days to prepare and become available)
DIR Services and Solutions
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 | 10:00 -11:30 AM CST
11:00-11:30 Q&A Session (Optional)
Join us to learn about the Information Technology (IT) services and solutions available to eligible customers of the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR). The content will provide you with a high-level yet over-arching view with a 60-minute presentation followed by an optional Q&A session. The material is divided into 3 parts with the largest focus on IT procurement/DIR contracts:
- ENTERPRISE PLANNING - an overview of DIR's leadership role in providing rules and standards, key reports, the Statewide Data Program, and more. (est 10 min)
- IT PROCUREMENT - explanation of the types of contracts and offerings negotiated by DIR (est 30 min)
- INFORMATION SECURITY - services provided by the Office of Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) and Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) as well as contracts for security offerings. (est 10 min)
DIR contracts and services cover a wide variety of information technology products and solutions. Those offerings serve a diverse spectrum of customers including Texas state, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. Customer eligibility can vary for some programs. Please visit the Eligibility Overview section of the DIR website for more details on this.
Intended audience is any public sector staff interested in learning about what DIR offers.
Note: This webinar focuses on resources available to any DIR customer. It does not address compliance issues or procedural requirements that apply only to a specific customer type.
- Material will be presented by DIR staff.
- There is no charge to attend.
- DIR will award one hour of continuing education credit. (IRM CPE/contact hours)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Date & Location
Date & Time