Navigating IT Procurement in Texas Government
Friday, April 12, 2019 | Austin, Texas8:30 - 11:45 OR 1:00 - 4:15 (same content both sessions)
State agency information resources are strategic assets that must be managed appropriately, starting with planning and procurement. DIR negotiates master contracts that cover a wide variety of information technology products and services. These leverage the bulk buying power of the State of Texas, providing aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. All DIR contracts are competitively bid and comply with state purchasing requirements.DIR serves a wide spectrum of customers including Texas state agencies, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. State agencies are required to use contracts established by DIR.Join us for a half-day briefing presented by DIR staff to discuss how to navigate and optimize the IT procurement process. Topics include:
- Determining the appropriate IT procurement method
- Making the most effective use of DIR Cooperative and Shared Technology Services contracts
- Tips and tricks for searching for DIR contracts
- Best practices for procurement file documentation
- Tips for contract negotiations
- Tips for writing and using a Statement of Work (SOW)
- DIR Innovative Procurement Lab (IPL) & Agile Procurement
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
The target audience for this session is state agency personnel involved in IT procurement (inclusive of higher education). Other levels of government may register on a SPACE AVAILABLE basis but will not be confirmed until 3/29 (if space permits).
Free parking is available in the open lots adjacent to the building.
Seating is limited so it is very important that you return to the enrollment form and cancel should your plans change.
- This free event is hosted by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
- Each session includes a short break with refreshments
- DIR will award 3 units of continuing education (IRM CPEs and general contact hours).
- Contact Joy Hall Bryant or Amy Pfluger with questions.
DIR thanks TASSCC for supporting this valuable educational program.
Date & Location
Date & Time
TCEA Conference Center
3100 Alvin DeVane Blvd., Building B, Austin, TX 78741