Navigating IT Procurement in Texas Government
Thursday, October 3rd | Austin, Texas1:15 - 4:45
A complimentary educational workshop presented by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
State agency information resources are strategic assets that must be managed appropriately, starting with planning and procurement. DIR negotiates master contracts that cover a wide variety of information technology products and services. These leverage the bulk buying power of the State of Texas, providing aggressive discounts without the need for a lengthy procurement process. All DIR contracts are competitively bid and comply with state purchasing requirements.
DIR serves a wide spectrum of customers including Texas state agencies, county or local government offices, and public education entities of all sizes. State agencies are required to use contracts established by DIR.
Join us for a two-hour training presented by DIR staff to discuss how to navigate and optimize the IT procurement process. Topics include:
- Determining the appropriate IT procurement method
- Making the most effective use of DIR Cooperative and Shared Technology Services contracts
- Tips and tricks for searching for DIR contracts
- Maximizing HUB utilization on DIR Contracts
- Best practices for procurement file documentation
- Tips for contract negotiations
- DIR Innovative Procurement Lab (IPL) & Agile Procurement
LOGISTICAL DETAILS & REGISTRATION
The primary audience for this session is personnel from public sector organizations, inclusive of state higher education. (Those who purchase technology products and services using DIR contracts.)
Location & Parking
Commons Learning Center J.J. Pickle Research Campus10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758Southwest corner of Burnet Road and Braker Lane
DIR will email confirmed registrants a parking pass before the event.
Seating is limited so it is very important that you cancel should your plans change.
- This session has been pre-approved by the Texas Comptroller Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) for continuing education credit.
- SPD is managing registration. You will need to login to register. If you do not hold a certification, please follow these steps:
- Click on the "New User Registration" tab above
- Register for the Statewide Procurement Education System
- Once you click submit, you will be sent an activation email
- After clicking the activation link, you will be prompted to log in to have access to the Statewide Procurement Education System.
- The workshop is presented by staff from the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR).
- Contact Amy Pfluger with questions
- DIR is also hosting its fall conference, the DIR Technology Forum 2019, at the same location. If you wish to sign up for the conference and attend morning sessions, register separately for that.
- Aside from SPD credit for certified procurement/contracting staff, DIR will also award 3 IRM CPEs.